Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Ok Religion

ForbiddenDNA's Avatar Poster
    95% of war was caused by Religion?
    I disagree.
    It is caused by Satan.

The Satan is involve in all wars and religions.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Its magic baby!
    As for shooting your self in the foot, i would prefer it if you didn't but i don't know gods will, if you do the it was mean't to happen for some reason. I'm not saying that shooting yourself is good or that if there is a reason for you to do so that it is nice for you, i am just saying, how are we as humans supposed to understand what god intends.

I already know how prescious life is....
    evildon i mean't no offence i was just trying to explain that there is a lesson to be learnt or something to be gained for every situation.

hobbes what aspect of reincarnation are you interested in, i can explain the buddhist persective if you like.
    Wiz.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I tend to agree with Lamsey and J'Pol.

Religion is often a cloak adopted to cover naked tribalism.

The twisted acts carried out in the name of religion are more often at a personal level such as the tortures and murders carried out in the name of witch hunts, pogroms and ideological struggles (common to most faiths). Individuals, often with serious personality problems, play on the fears of others to twist words to their own ends or sometimes their fanatically held insanities.

I have no problem with Faith. I have noted that those who are at peace with their God (whoever and whatever they may perceive he or she to be) rarely have problems sharing communion with those of a differing faith. Those who demand you believe exactly as they do are a vexation to the spirit. imho
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@20 January 2004 - 01:54

note: out of character there is no irony, humor, or double entendres above, with this damn cold, it's all I can do to make a coherent offering.
    I sincerely hope that you will return to your ironic, humourous best in the very near future.

Can I suggest large quantities of fluids, ascorbic acid and rest may be just the ticket.

Or Lemsip Max Cold / Flu remedy, I always find that helps, paricularly with congestion problems.

Take Care of yourself, it doesn't make you a bad person.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@20 January 2004 - 02:11
    I tend to agree with Lamsey and J'Pol.

Religion is often a cloak adopted to cover naked tribalism.

The twisted acts carried out in the name of religion are more often at a personal level such as the tortures and murders carried out in the name of witch hunts, pogroms and ideological struggles (common to most faiths). Individuals, often with serious personality problems, play on the fears of others to twist words to their own ends or sometimes their fanatically held insanities.

I have no problem with Faith. I have noted that those who are at peace with their God (whoever and whatever they may perceive he or she to be) rarely have problems sharing communion with those of a differing faith. Those who demand you believe exactly as they do are a vexation to the spirit. imho
    Please stop being so bloody eloquent.

It is annoying to the mere mortals around you.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+20 January 2004 - 01:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 20 January 2004 - 01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@20 January 2004 - 01:54

note: out of character there is no irony, humor, or double entendres above, with this damn cold, it&#39;s all I can do to make a coherent offering.
    I sincerely hope that you will return to your ironic, humourous best in the very near future.

Can I suggest large quantities of fluids, ascorbic acid and rest may be just the ticket.

Or Lemsip Max Cold / Flu remedy, I always find that helps, paricularly with congestion problems.

Take Care of yourself, it doesn&#39;t make you a bad person. [/b][/quote]
    Try boiling chopped ginger root to then drink it. It heats up your body so you can sweat the cold out.
    Wiz.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wizard_Mon1@20 January 2004 - 02:10

hobbes what aspect of reincarnation are you interested in, i can explain the buddhist persective if you like.
    I used to believe in re-incarnation, however that was in a previous life.

I&#39;ll get me coat.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Sorry J&#39;Pol

I will get me coat. Have to chase the kids to bed anyhoo so that will get my feet back on the ground.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Its magic baby!
    Why are you both getting your coats, are they that nice, if so where did you buy them?
    Wiz.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Any organised religion is an attempt by people to explain and rationalise the unknown, give hope and to provide an exclusive &#39;club&#39; for its members.

If we can all agree that human beings exercise at least some modicum of free will (even allowing for brainwashing, indoctrination, brutalisation, fear...etc, etc) then the choice of religion whether it is one&#39;s own or an ancestors is just that...a choice.

If one believes that God

(please insert own deity here...........................................................................)

gave humans free will... then our choice of religion (or not) can be seen as an act of belief&#33;

(But I guess that might be stretching things a little )

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast