Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Visit From Hobbes

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Whilst idling away a beautiful Sunday morn, drinking coffee and attempting to conquer the NY Times crossword, I was taken aback to hear the doorbell.
    "Who could that be?", I wondered aloud, " I've paid all the bills and have no friends!".

With no small amount of trepidation I went to the door and peered out the peekhole.
    No one there!
    Damn kids, mutter, mutter.

No sooner had I regained my former state of comfort but the bell rang again!
    Back to the door, slightly POed...still no one.
    I opened the door wide thinking maybe UPS had delivered a package by mistake and much to my amazement...there was Hobbes!
    To say the very least I was flabbergasted, it's a long hop from Texas to Colorado and I wasn't expecting him at all.

Well a pleasant time was had by all, fortunately I had a good supply of lettuce on hand, but all too soon Hobbes indicated his need to venture forth by liberally pelleting my living room carpet.

I have no idea where he travels next, communication was a bit problematical, perhaps you all should be on the alert as he could be making a trek to visit all of his forum friends.
    Should he arrive at your door- a few tips...
    He prefers Romaine to Iceberg.
    A nice scratch behind the ears will make him very calm and pliant.
    He will poop without warning or care.

All in all, a wonderful ( and wonderfully unexpected) treat..
    Bon voyage and bon chance friend!

"I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I thought Hobbes was a Tiger

are you sure hes not a

3. Lounge   -   #3
    J2 told me that you were in need of a little hare, since I had the morning free I thought I'd hop by.

Imagine my embarassment when I realized what he meant. Next time I will bring something useful.

Anyway, pooping is my way of saying "I am comfortable in your presence". The more I poop, the bigger the compliment.

Not sure my next move as I do have Martin Luther King Day off, tomorrow.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready

I have always been skeptical of hair enhancers, but this product was endorsed by Ron Popiel himself, so it must be good!

Did you have a safe hop home?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Was she perhaps frightened by your intensely shiny napper.

Chosing to sport what little hair you have left in such a carefree manner does nothing other than to make you look like some sort of addled Worzel Gummidge character.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    JPol,

Your rather consistent pattern of gender misidentification must lead to some rather uncomfortable moments the morning after a night at the pub.

The only female you seem to have identified correctly is Scribblec.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    I can honestly say that I have not been in a pub for many years.

I merely exchange the gender specific pronouns in order to highlight the false differentiation between them.

On this board you portray a certain character, my experience identifies it as female.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Double Agent
    who is the dude in the picture? hobbes?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    internet.news
    Originally posted by clocker@18 January 2004 - 19:52
    Whilst idling away a beautiful Sunday morn, drinking coffee and attempting to conquer the NY Times crossword, I was taken aback to hear the doorbell.
    "Who could that be?", I wondered aloud, " I've paid all the bills and have no friends!".

With no small amount of trepidation I went to the door and peered out the peekhole.
    No one there!
    Damn kids, mutter, mutter.

No sooner had I regained my former state of comfort but the bell rang again!
    Back to the door, slightly POed...still no one.
    I opened the door wide thinking maybe UPS had delivered a package by mistake and much to my amazement...there was Hobbes!
    To say the very least I was flabbergasted, it's a long hop from Texas to Colorado and I wasn't expecting him at all.

Well a pleasant time was had by all, fortunately I had a good supply of lettuce on hand, but all too soon Hobbes indicated his need to venture forth by liberally pelleting my living room carpet.

I have no idea where he travels next, communication was a bit problematical, perhaps you all should be on the alert as he could be making a trek to visit all of his forum friends.
    Should he arrive at your door- a few tips...
    He prefers Romaine to Iceberg.
    A nice scratch behind the ears will make him very calm and pliant.
    He will poop without warning or care.

All in all, a wonderful ( and wonderfully unexpected) treat..
    **removed pics-Jetje**
    Now, you have at least one friend no we are your friends whether you want or not

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by J'Pol@19 January 2004 - 02:48
    I can honestly say that I have not been in a pub for many years.

I merely exchange the gender specific pronouns in order to highlight the false differentiation between them.

On this board you portray a certain character, my experience identifies it as female.
    Well, it is refreshing that you can learn. Kudos to you for learning to avoid the place that caused you so much embarassment and your family so much pain.

I have been rather obtuse in defining my gender, I can only imagine you divined it with your female intuition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast