Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Riaa Given Up?

fuck the...Riaa and yes i live in America but i dont fear or underestimate the power of Riaa but for Americans ,the Riaa can be a sleeping giant right now and be a awaken lion tommorow .

btw fuk the Riaa .opps i already said that

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Youre totally right ZeroTolerance. Its a scary feeling, i remember when this shit first happened, im in class, reading the newspaper, FRONT PAGE: Kazaa Users Being Sued, or something along those lines. Scared the shit out of me because im a kazaa user and i depend on Kazaa to check out bands ive heard about.

Anyways, like you said, one day RIAA is taking a nap, next day RIAA is on a rampage.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by KamiKazeKrieg@19 January 2004 - 22:28
    Youre totally right ZeroTolerance. Its a scary feeling, i remember when this shit first happened, im in class, reading the newspaper, FRONT PAGE: Kazaa Users Being Sued, or something along those lines. Scared the shit out of me because im a kazaa user and i depend on Kazaa to check out bands ive heard about.

Anyways, like you said, one day RIAA is taking a nap, next day RIAA is on a rampage.
    What newspaper was that?

Also, don't be scared - just tick all those boxes on the Options menu for privacy (if they are not already ticked).

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    The RIAA still has quite a list of names already resolved BEFORE the ruling which makes it difficult for them to aquire new file-sharer lists. They will go harder on them and possibly spread them over time to give the illusion of 'ongoing' busts.

However, they probably are still getting open-door help from many ISPs who don't give a damn about their customers' privacy. Nevermind the fact that some of those in the list are guilty of nothing other than mistaken identity... RIAA has falsely accused a few before and will continue doing so, even going so far as to THREATEN those they KNOW are innocent.

Barring that, the RIAA will probably go with the harder (legal) route to aquire names/locations/etc for a few 'blatant' file-sharers who are sharing 1,000's of MP3s. But it REALLY won't be worth going after the 'small fry' now!

Sharing 1,000's of popular files is generally a bad idea in any case -- as it overloads your connection FAR FASTER than you can upload them. In 1 hour's time you may get more upload requests than you could fill in a MONTH!

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Hmm, so RIAA is tricking us, those bastards!!! Anyways, i dont have tons upon tons of mp3's, right now i have 12 haha. So i dont think im going to be the next big target or raid er something rambo like that

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    One thing the RIAA has been effective at is scaring people into finding other ways to download music.

Have a look at the statistics page for my legal music downloading article and you will see a spike in its traffic starting just when the lawsuits were filed.

(Scroll down the page a little to see the graph.)

Just about all of that traffic came from search engines, searching for such queries as "legal music downloads"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12