Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Riaa Given Up?

What is the current situation with RIAA? Is it safe to download again? Are they still busting people? Is there less and less users filesharing? Will this situation ever stop? Please, i need answers!!! I need to know how the front is these days!!! :helpsmile:

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    "Any thoughts that the RIAA may be learning that suing existing and potentially new customers doesn't make much sense over the long term can be dismissed.

"We must continue on this course," says the RIAA's rarely seen chairman and ceo Mitch Bainwol. "It is essential to fostering an environment where legal online music services can flourish."

He's quoted in a Reuters/Billboard report here discussing the Pew Internet and American Life Project.

Heralded by the RIAA as vindication of its sue 'em all campaign (under which it's been dragging hapless p2p file sharers from schoolgirls to grandfathers into court on alleged copyright violation charges), the Pew report said 'illegal' music file sharing is down among those 18 and older.

Bainwol says the study shows the RIAA is "on the right track," the Big Five labels, who own the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) and pay Bainwols not inconsiderably salary, say it's a raging success and, such is their influence, the mainstream internartional media echo their sentiments ad nauseum.

But, writes Bill Holland in , "Eric Garland, CEO of Big Champagne ... says that the industry enforcement program has changed attitudes, if not behavior.

"Six months ago, everybody would tell interviewers they use P2P because it was hip. No longer."

But on the veracity of the Pew responses, Webspins consultant John Fagot quotes the late writer H.L. Mencken: "It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know you would lie if you were in his place."

Pew director Lee Rainie admits some interviewees "might not have 'fessed up," says the story, "but he stands behind the numbers saying, "You should keep in mind we were counting people, not the amount of files being transferred.""
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by KamiKazeKrieg@19 January 2004 - 05:30
    What is the current situation with RIAA? Is it safe to download again? Are they still busting people? Is there less and less users filesharing? Will this situation ever stop? Please, i need answers!!! I need to know how the front is these days!!! :helpsmile:
    *sniff* smells like your one of them...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    What the hell do you know you stupid Canuck. Go play hockey or chug some maple syrup.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by KamiKazeKrieg@19 January 2004 - 04:40
    What the hell do you know you stupid Canuck. Go play hockey or chug some maple syrup.
    i take it from that highly intelligent comment you're an american then?
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Im sorry im just worrying about Kazaa and Filesharing. I just watched the South Park episode where the kids have the FBI busting in there room because they downloaded some Judas Priest. And well, it scared me because that can happen to anyone, even me, and well, looking at the list of people already busted is getting pretty LONG! Which is also scary because you never know when you your name will be on that list and you get a letter saying you have to goto court, you arrive and blam you have to pay 12,000, your parents are angry, you are banned from the net for life. AHHHH MAN MY HEAD ACHES, I NEED A HACHET TO THE HEAD TO KILL THE PAIN AND END MY BRAIN!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by KamiKazeKrieg@19 January 2004 - 05:11
    Im sorry im just worrying about Kazaa and Filesharing. I just watched the South Park episode where the kids have the FBI busting in there room because they downloaded some Judas Priest. And well, it scared me because that can happen to anyone, even me, and well, looking at the list of people already busted is getting pretty LONG! Which is also scary because you never know when you your name will be on that list and you get a letter saying you have to goto court, you arrive and blam you have to pay 12,000, your parents are angry, you are banned from the net for life. AHHHH MAN MY HEAD ACHES, I NEED A HACHET TO THE HEAD TO KILL THE PAIN AND END MY BRAIN!!!
    Now you sound like an RIAA employee

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Nah no way! I sound like a loyal Kazite fearing for his Kings safety! Arnt you scared 4th Gen? Or do you not live in America?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by KamiKazeKrieg@19 January 2004 - 00:40

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by KamiKazeKrieg@19 January 2004 - 05:15
    Nah no way! I sound like a loyal Kazite fearing for his Kings safety! Arnt you scared 4th Gen? Or do you not live in America?
    not scared, don't live in america and don't use k-lite

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast