Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: W32 Helphandy Virus

First off....if you fileshare without A/V...or surf the net period w/o...You are asking for it.....The files we share...exchange...whatever you would like to call it...is a Great thing in my opinion, but do NOT skimp on the Anti-Virus...
    DO NOT USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN NORTON....and keep it up to date......Free anti-Virus? PLEASE!!!!! To date I have recieved W32.Pinfi and W32Kwbot.D.Worm in addition to this usual one you mention here.......

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    It's 10x the virus risk to use Outlook/Outlook Express for your emails (and have lots of friends that email you regularly) than using Kazaa Lite++.

If you download a virus on Kazaa Lite++, you still have to run it before you're in trouble.

Outlook can conveniently run the viruses for you -- and secretly too, so you need not worry about where Microsoft wants to take you today!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    SideSwiped's Avatar LB 3880
    I know that it can't be stressed enough about scanning for viruses, but how many of the users even realise they have a virus unless it adversly affects the OS and they start getting errors? Some worms and viruses aren't malicious and are just a pain in the butt for their replicating properties. And if you do pick up a virus from someone you downloaded from, message them and tell them which file it was that was infected, hopefully they will stop sharing it.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash, and it's gone.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I would never use a free anti virus program as there is such thing as a free lunch. I do however use Mcafee which I downloaded on k-lite and its great.
    Far superior to norton. I've not had a virus affect me in 8 months since I've had it. I used norton for years and still managed to get infected, norton is like a torn condom. I would recomend an online virus scan called Housecall, at least I think thats the name, I've not used it in 8 months.
    I'd avoid free software from web sites though.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    I once downloaded a virus on k-lite and sent a message to the sharer but was told to fuck off. Its a pity that a big bolt of electrictity could not be sent to such people.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I have norton 2003 and it wont even fix the file...i can't even delete the thing..i'm not sure what's going on..if everyone else has been able to 86 the thing

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    morrocoNY
    I don't know about Norton, but Mcafee Virus scan V7.0 caught W32/Hllp.Hantaner, and w#@.hllp.handy.Instead of deleting them it managed to clean both files.

The assholes writing these things should die a slow torturous death

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    yah well i got nortan anti virus 2003 and it wont auto protect no more it is disableda and i clik auto protect thing pops up
    o well i will try and fix it be4 i share/dl files again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123