To all AnonX Users,
The AnonX system hand a temporary outage last weekend from Sunday night to Monday morning due to a denial of service attack from IRAN. We have corrrected the problem by:
1. Changing our inbounded IP addresses.
2. You will also notice that the IP address that you login into is different than the one that is going outbound. The outbound IP addresses have mutliple fail overs if some try's this style of attack again.
3. Three of our four teir one providers have placed the neccessary safety measure in place to block this attacks. The fourth will have the safety measure in place soon.
4. We have also, but the neccessary safetly precautions on our routers to prevent this from happening again.
5. We also replaced ALL NIC cards in every piece of equipment, just in case some tries to block us by MAC address. (This is standard every few months anyways)
Now, for the curious users. The attack originated in IRAN and the US government worked some impressive miricales to shut down the users responisble for the attacks. Evidently, some IRAN citizens where using AnonX to surf PRON and internet BIBLES. Their government to GREAT offense to these activity. At first they blocked our IP address from entering or leaving the country. Well we had several customers in IRAN complain that they could not get access to AnonX from IRAN so we set them up with some new addresses to get into the AnonX server farm and that is when the GAME ON changelled to IRAN started. This pissed of their government and they started attacking us. Well after a few calls to my friends at an ISP which controls the largest percentage of dark internet fiber in the US. They got into touch with the necessary government agencies and all has been taken care of. Way to go us Government for fighting the GOOD fight.
We appologize for any down time that you may have experinced. Also, if you are experincing a lower level of service than before last weekend. Please e-mail AnonX tech Support ( firstname.lastname@example.org) We are still fixing a few bugs with the outbound roll over.
Thanks for using AnonX and we look forword to serving you in the future. We can now go back to reseach and developemnet on making AnonX a better system for you.
PS. This will make some of you unhappy to know. I put the PeerGaurdain Block list in place while the US government was helping us. This is temporary and I will remove it in the upcoming weeks.