Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anonx Update

Poster
    That is not true, I used to live there (ir@q) and everything was usual, but i dunno about know, since everything is mucked up.
    btw: Switeck, when the firewall blocks these connections, it will not affect ur bandwidth, but it wil afect the bandwidth of the 1000 victim attackers that are compromized to attack a specfic comp.
    It is not true that ddos attack is not made to break into ur comp. dos and ddos attacks are used by the #### to take SPECIFIC information about the attacked computer(s), like whatever they wanted, if u r not protected ofcourse. The attacks wil affect the network traffic as whole, but not ur comp. if the firewall is blocking and doing it's job.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by supersonic@1 February 2004 - 16:26
    btw: Switeck, when the firewall blocks these connections, it will not affect ur bandwidth, but it wil afect the bandwidth of the 1000 victim attackers that are compromized to attack a specfic comp.
    It is not true that ddos attack is not made to break into ur comp. dos and ddos attacks are used by the #### to take SPECIFIC information about the attacked computer(s), like whatever they wanted, if u r not protected ofcourse. The attacks wil affect the network traffic as whole, but not ur comp. if the firewall is blocking and doing it&#39;s job.
    A local firewall, such as a router or software firewall on your computer, is nearly worthless against a DDoS attack. Once the traffic reaches your router, it&#39;s ALREADY used up your download bandwidth. However, if your computer is "stealthed", it won&#39;t be replying back to any of the DDoS attack ip packets -- thus preserving some/most/all of your upload bandwidth. But even if your ISP can manage the traffic coming in, (their local internet gateway may be overloaded by it too&#33 they&#39;ll be tossing at random almost everything bound for your computer. In short, it will make web surfing slow to impossible.

Distributed Denial of Service attacks are just that, and that only, they try to deny someone the ability to use their internet connection. They are not in and of themselves made to &#39;hack into&#39; computers. This is what the newspapers typically mean when they talk about &#39;such and such company&#39; was knocked offline by internet hacking attack. Oftentimes, the datapackets used give the wrong packetsize (typically overlarge) to cause even more slowdowns (due to the processing needed for each packet) or are outright corrupt -- often with forged headers and &#39;impossible&#39; values.

Much of the time, DDoS attacks are done by &#39;script kiddies&#39; rather than evil hackers with real talent -- at least if it&#39;s done against individual users such as you or I. They use already-made programs specially designed for the purpose. Basically, trojans and viruses in other words -- although their master program may be a little more complex than the trojans/viruses on the zombie computers (these are the infected computers of unwitting users.)

Having said all that, DDoS attacks can often be a masking attack for a REAL hacking attempt. That way, the hacker hopes to hide their malicious activities within the mountain of DDoS traffic. Some of the zombie computers may even be used as proxies for the real hacking attack -- thus possibly dragging those unwitting virus-infected victims into court for hacking offenses, since it will look like THEY did it&#33; Although charges are almost certain to be dropped (the "virus defense" has become quite a strong one lately due to public ignorance even among judges), any active criminal investigation that goes through your private affairs will still have repercussions that aren&#39;t likely to be beneficial...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Well it would be nice if AnonX would actually work better and perhaps maybe it will someday...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY@2 February 2004 - 11:30
    Well it would be nice if AnonX would actually work better and perhaps maybe it will someday...
    I guess that no service is perfect, but AnonX is the best that I&#39;ve seen that is available.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    You said it Mobas.

Keep up the good work anonx

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Perhaps but I can longer upload anything at all with AnonoX and would really like to find a solution...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    That&#39;s strange. I have no problems with upload. It only affects my download, but that has gotten a little better.

Is it just with IRC?

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    NO, Everything...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Reality, if you can&#39;t upload anything through AnonX. then the problem has to be on your end (maybe a firewall or router) is causing your problem. I sure don&#39;t have any problems with uploading.

I&#39;m sure you contacted AnonX customer service about your problem?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Double Agent
    ROFLMAO wut a naive kid....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast