Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smallville Discussion

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    For those of us who have no clue wat smallville is, here's a synopsis:
    Thirteen years ago, a meteor shower burst from the heavens, raining destruction on the unsuspecting citizens of Smallville, Kansas. The intervening years have left the town's inhabitants with scars and secrets. From the ashes of tragedy, Clark Kent has grown into an awkward teen. While adolescence always brings its challenges, Clark's transition from boyhood to manhood has been particularly difficult. He must struggle to come to grips with his emerging superpowers - and the effects of kryptonite - while battling the strange things that have plagued this idyllic Midwest hamlet since the meteor shower.

Last season, Clark's search for the truth about his past and future left him with more questions than answers. He discovered his powerful ability to use heat vision, then a new form of kryptonite brought about frightening effects on his personality. In a surprising twist, the secret of Clark's true identity was revealed to his best friend Pete (Sam Jones III).

The guardians of Clark's secret identity have always been his adoptive parents, Jonathan (John Schneider, The Dukes of Hazzard, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman) and Martha Kent (Annette O'Toole, Superman III, 48 Hrs.). In the aftermath of the meteor shower, they discovered his crashed spacecraft in a cornfield and took him in as their own. As a result, he often feels truly alone in the world, like an outsider looking in. Last season, Clark's feeling of isolation was eased by the joyful news that Jonathan and Martha were at last expecting a baby of their own. Clark's happiness turned to pain and guilt, however, when his destruction of the spacecraft set off a violent chain reaction that not only destroyed his parents' farm, it also caused Martha to lose the baby.

In last season's thrilling finale episode, Clark's life was forever changed by his first encounter with the spirit of the man who sent him away from the planet Krypton to save his life, his real father, Jor-El. At first, Clark was determined to defy Jor-El's message that he must leave Smallville in order to fulfill his destiny, but his guilt over the death of his unborn sibling and the devastation he caused finally sent Clark away from the only home he has ever known to start a new life alone in Metropolis. Tortured by the separation from everyone he loves, especially Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk, Snow White), Clark buries his pain in red kryptonite, the dangerous and powerful substance that alters his personality so that he uses his powers for evil rather than good. Even more shocking, Clark's adoptive father, Jonathan is granted temporary powers of his own when he makes a deal with Jor-El to bring Clark back to Smallville.

Once he returns home, the knowledge that his life is out of control forces Clark to keep Lana at arm's length. His continuous efforts to push her away only deepen her resolve to find out what he is hiding. As he fights to control his destiny this year, Clark will also discover a new and valuable power, and several well-known characters from the classic mythology of the Superman story will be introduced, including Perry White and Morgan Edge.
    Over the years, Clark forged a remarkable friendship with Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum, Sweet November, Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane), though neither has an inkling of how their destinies will ultimately collide. Last season, Lex's honeymoon ended in a suspicious plane crash. Surviving the crash, Lex awakens to find himself on a remote island. Lex's time on the island will be filled with helpless rage and hallucinations that will haunt him for years to come.

Lex's father, Lionel Luther (John Glover, Batman and Robin), has come to share Lex's obsession with Clark Kent and, although they will not join forces, both father and son will continue their relentless pursuit to discover the truth about Clark. As the power struggle between Lex and Lionel intensifies, Lionel will take extraordinary steps to control his son, including convincing others to question Lex's sanity. Tortured by betrayal and confusion, Lex will question who he is and face a turning point on the path from good to evil.

Always carrying a torch for Clark, Chloe (Allison Mack, 7th Heaven) was deeply hurt by his feelings for Lana and his escape to Metropolis. Chloe accepted a job on Lionel Luther's payroll as a writer for the Daily Planet, where her main assignment is to investigate Clark. Whether her jealousy will lead her to betray Clark and join forces with Lionel remains to be seen.

Reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, Smallville was written and developed by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (Shanghai Noon, Spiderman 2), based on the DC Comics characters. Gough and Millar serve as executive producers, along with Greg Beeman, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola and Ken Horton. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.

I would highly recommend this show to anyone. it's a great show, great story, special effects, a boy searching for love, his destiny, and more yada yada. U should watch it.

and for those who r already fans, wat do u think the story is getting at so far? some weird things happened in season 3, and many of them i didn't like, such as clark breaking up with launa. wtf? they were so awesome together.
    Post ur comments and questions here.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    got any hashes to download them i have never watched it sound good though how many eps you got? are they easy to get ?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Yep i love Smallville too, its a great programme but i agree with you about the weird events in season 3 so far. Hopefully it will live up to season 1 and 2 quality

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    if u don't really care for quality, search for them on kazaa. if u want quality, go to suprnova's tv shows. and under smallville, they have complete season 1, and the most important episodes.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    thanks dvd would be good

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    f*ck the show, kristin kreuk is hot. is she doing a nude scene in smallville

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Smallville is great. I'm able to get the new episodes on Wednesday of each week and they are then available on Kazaa there after.

I don't have hashes but will post confirmation of file sizes to look for. So far i have

Ep1 - 448,040kb
    Ep2 - 448,565kb
    Ep3 - 425,198kb

I also recommend watching "the making of" which gives a good insight into he show itself. File size of that i have is

312,375kb

ps. I believe Clark has broken it off purely to protect Lana

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    yea, but i still thought the breaking up was unneeded. they were finally together, and then they break up

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    At the end of the day i think' they'll be back together because its "smallville world" unless of course the story starts mimicing other superman storylines (movies, lois & Clark etc).

Your best bet for Smallville discussion is:-

www.kryptonsite.com (there's a message board specifically for UK peopel so you don't read spoilers by mistake)

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    thanks you can dig it sucker

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast