Thread: Cut By The Editors?

The Gospel of St Thomas

I had never heard of St Thomas until this Christmas when someone made a joke about the "editors" of the bible. I knew that bits had been cut out and misquoted along the way with all the translations, but this was really amazing.

So, was this guy a heretic? A nutcase? Jesus' best mate? Why was this gospel not included in the bible?

Even from a non-supernatural perspective, if the Bible that we have read for the past 2,000 years reflects the beliefs of original Christianity, then any texts that were originally rejected, discarded or "lost" are not books of the Christian Bible, by definition.
    Well, true but saying "my dog is not a cat" is also true, as well as unhelpful and irellevent.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    There's a lot of apocrypha surrounding the Bible. Just another reason I'd really love to be granted full access to the Vatican's archives. That would not be time wasted.

St. Thomas is more commonly known as "Thomas the Doubter." He didn't believe the accounts of the other Apostles that Christ had risen from the dead, until he saw it for himself.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t