Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst 4.1 Out

New features include:
    ATI OVERDRIVE™ Enhancement

ATI OVERDRIVE™ maximizes the performance of the graphic accelerator by increasing the speed of the graphics processor. This is done by constantly monitoring the temperature of the graphics processor, so that the maximum clock speed can always be maintained.
    The latest rendition of ATI OVERDRIVE™ now provides the user with more information on the temperature and frequency of their graphics processor. This feature is supported under the Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows 98/98SE and Millennium operating systems, and is supported on the following ATI RADEON™ products:

OpenGL Shading Language Enhancement

This release improves support for the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL), a flexible, forward-looking, and hardware-independent high-level graphics programming language. The OpenGL Shading Language, defined as an open standard by the OpenGL Architecture Review Board, allows application developers to take advantage of the powerful programmable vertex and pixel processing units present in the 3D graphics system. This release includes changes to increase compliance with the final ratified GLSL specifications, adds support for projective texture sampling, and improves support for interactions between GLSL-based rendering and traditional fixed-function vertex and pixel processing. Developers who are interested in using the OpenGL Shading Language should visit our website http://www.ati.com/developer for more details and documentation.

Issues Resolved in CATALYST™ Version 4.1
    Display corruption is no longer seen when running the applications 3DSMax or Inventor
    Moving a sample in the program SolidWorks 2003 or 2004 from one display to a secondary display no longer results in the sample not being refreshed on the secondary display
    Starting the TV with a 4:3 aspect ratio in Overlay Theater Mode along with video out enabled no longer displays an error if the video window is dragged off screen
    Playing the game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9000 series card installed no longer results in the skaters' shadow not being completely drawn
    Playing the game Line of Sight Vietnam under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9200 series installed no longer results in the game menu appearing black when setting the Anti-Aliasing option to 1 or 2
    Changing the resolution in Halo while playing in the middle of a Campaign no longer results in a reboot of the machine. This issue was known to occur under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9000 series installed
    Running the game Halo PC under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 series installed no longer results in display corruption being seen on the barrel of the shot gun
    And much more.
    Download the drivers: Here

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Nice. Thanks for pointing it out Adam

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@20 January 2004 - 10:29
    Nice. Thanks for pointing it out Adam
    Anytime, pal. B)

Edit: and you might want to read this, too:

[ATi Catalyst 4.1 Drivers Tested]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Wooah! The temperature of my 9800XT is up at 77 degrees C. This is not good...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    77C?

Is that only with the new driver?
    Is the cooling fan working?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    The fan is on the underside of the card so it should be working fine. From what I can see its all ok too. This is damn scary.

EDIT: I couldn't see temp before this driver so I don't know.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Lick My Lovepump
    Gonna buy more case fans at the weekend and see if I can get better airflow.

My mobo temp is very high now too. Gonna let this thing rest more till I get more fans.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Does it have an actual overclocking tool?

Not exactly seeing the trusty old slider area that alot of OCing utilities have.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Thanks for telling us bout it Adam!
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    How can I see my temps with this new set of drivers?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast