Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mobo.what Do You Guys Think.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Don't you hate that johnboy?You Post about something you already bought and they Post about something that is better.

Its too late!We already bought it!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by johnboy27@21 January 2004 - 11:53
    Yes it did come with IDE cables but they were bibbon cables so i just stayed with my rounded ones.It also came with an extra set of USB2.0 plugs for in a PCI slot (added to the 4 it has on board),and it came with the SATA cables of course.
    I am still amazed at the temps though.I almost think it is reading them wrong or else the new paste I put on my CPU made a huge difference.I have to get a chance to put a big load on it and see what they are like after it.

PS,yes virtualbody1234, it is the P-L model.
    I know they supply all that but... My question is more to find out how long the supplied IDE cable is.

If you have a large case the longer cables are needed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+21 January 2004 - 19:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 21 January 2004 - 19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-johnboy27@21 January 2004 - 11:53
    Yes it did come with IDE cables but they were bibbon cables so i just stayed with my rounded ones.It also came with an extra set of USB2.0 plugs for in a PCI slot (added to the 4 it has on board),and it came with the SATA cables of course.
    I am still amazed at the temps though.I almost think it is reading them wrong or else the new paste I put on my CPU made a huge difference.I have to get a chance to put a big load on it and see what they are like after it.

PS,yes virtualbody1234, it is the P-L model.
    I know they supply all that but... My question is more to find out how long the supplied IDE cable is.

If you have a large case the longer cables are needed. [/b][/quote]
    honestly,I never even checked to see how long they were,hold on checking now.
    they are roughly 20 inches for the Hard drive cable and about 22 inches for the cdrom cable.They would reach in my case.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Ok, thanks for that information (out comes the tape measure B) ).

I just uploaded this picture to show the postion of the IDE connectors. Notice that they are completly at the bottom.

Edit: I just started to measure. @johnboy27, could you measure the distance between the connectors on the IDE cable? I need the distance between the connector that goes to the motherboard and the first CD drive connector.

Thanks.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Looks nice, but a bit weird it only has two fan connectors? I mean, 3 has almost become the standard.

Also, I wish more boards would put the ribbon connectors on the sides, and the Powersupply on the top side. Would make case management so much easier.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@22 January 2004 - 00:03
    Looks nice, but a bit weird it only has two fan connectors? I mean, 3 has almost become the standard.

Also, I wish more boards would put the ribbon connectors on the sides, and the Powersupply on the top side. Would make case management so much easier.
    You know what,I never even thought about it oply having only two connectors until you said that. Now that I look at it,my old board actually has four(1 CPU,1Case,1 northbridge,1 AGP).I think they got rid of the AGP one because the board will run the newer AGP cards that don&#39;t have fan headers anyway. Can&#39;t figure out why it doesn&#39;t have a Northbridge fan header though, but honestly I had it running all day today non stop and the CPU and system temp never went above 30 degrees and that is in a room that is sitting at about 22-24 degrees.I am very impressed with my temps now,I almost think that either the sensors on this board are screwed up or the ones on my old board were.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@21 January 2004 - 19:47
    Ok, thanks for that information (out comes the tape measure B) ).

I just uploaded this picture to show the postion of the IDE connectors. Notice that they are completly at the bottom.

Edit: I just started to measure. @johnboy27, could you measure the distance between the connectors on the IDE cable? I need the distance between the connector that goes to the motherboard and the first CD drive connector.

Thanks.

The distnce between the two connectors on the hard drive cable is 13" and the distance between the two on the cd rom cable is 15".The cables are actually only 20"(cd rom) and 19" for the hard drive cable.Funniest part is that the floppy cable is 22" long.that doesn&#39;t make much sense to me,most people would have it mounted almost directlty beside the plug on the board for it.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Thankyou johnboy27. I measured the distance in this case and 15" is exactly needed. I fact too exact. I suspect a longer cable will be needed or...

I go with the GA-7N400 Pro2

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@21 January 2004 - 22:56
    Thankyou johnboy27. I measured the distance in this case and 15" is exactly needed. I fact too exact. I suspect a longer cable will be needed or...

I go with the GA-7N400 Pro2

That board looks great for overclocking.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    That is definetly a sweet board.I would have gone with something a bit better but I really don&#39;t have the use for it.I don&#39;t play any extreme games or anything like that so i just wanted something better than I had so i could do some future upgrades.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12