Thread: Who's Da_boss@kazaa

My friends and I are downloading from this user. We keep getting remotely queued and More Sources needed. It's rarely downloading and I think it's because of the user. Is he a [email protected] imitation?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    More Sources needed.....Search for more sources!
    Don't start a download before you have plenty of sources.
    The bigger the file,the more sources you should have to start of with.
    Search for at least 30 sources for musicfiles,100 or more for moviefiles(if you can find that many)Anyway,keep searching for sources 'till you can't find anymore...this might take a while but it gives you more chance to start of the download right away without beeing in que or needing more sources.
    And if this still doesn't help,or your dl is going real slow,jump supernodes till you find a good one.
    It all depends ofcourse on how popular the file is.
    If it's a rare file with not many sources,all you can do is be patient.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jezz how do you find a hundred sources on a newish movie. I'm lucky to find a couple. One thing that does puzzel me though is I can start a download and then look for more sources, fing them and expect to see the increase in "traffic" but its not there. In the searce screen I have 15 sources, in the traffic screen one. And of course for the same movie

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    In the searce screen I have 15 sources, in the traffic screen one. And of course for the same movie
    It's not because you see 15 sources in the searchscreen that all of them are available at that time.A number of them might not have any slots open,wich makes that you're in que with that particular source.
    And also try to use verifieds for your dl's.It's not a guarantee for good speeds or sources,but with the ones I used I always had succes downloading the stuff.

Good links for verifieds:

up2dat.tk

sig2dat-database

findhash.com

The first one is my personal favourite.
    Check it out and you'll see why. B)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    That's not the problem, because I have two other movies bigger than the one I can't download and it's downloading quickly. The movie downloaded again, but then it went back to remotely Queued for a month. Is that common?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by {R}yT3c{H}@21 January 2004 - 01:57
    Is that common?
    It happens sometimes that it takes ages(months)before you finished the dowload and there is not much you can do about it.
    But maybe you should try to find the file you're having problems with in one of the links I gave in my previous post.
    If you got k-lite 2.4.3 installed all you have to do is click the file on that site(while k-lite is open)and it will automaticly make a dat-file and start the download.
    But don't be alarmed when that download has no size on your trafficscreen.It will show the actual size once it has found one or more sources.
    I'm not saying this will help,but you can always try.

findhash.com isn't that good but you'll probably find your file on one of the other two sites.
    Let me know if it helps after you started the dowload.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Davidwed@20 January 2004 - 17:54
    Jezz how do you find a hundred sources on a newish movie. I'm lucky to find a couple. One thing that does puzzel me though is I can start a download and then look for more sources, fing them and expect to see the increase in "traffic" but its not there. In the searce screen I have 15 sources, in the traffic screen one. And of course for the same movie
    also remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps