Thread: Re: Memory Ram

Somehow my winxp pro is stating that i only have 700mb of Ram but when the system is starting up it state that i have well over 1G of Ram which i do because i have two 512MB of DDR. Is there a reason for this??? I just recently had this problem. Before the weekend it was showing that i have 1G Ram which is the max that my motherboard can handle. Has anyone encounter this problem before or have any advice to figure out why the heck WinXP is thinking that my computer only have 700MB.

Plz i need help, this thing is driving me crazy. i haven't encount a problem like this yet. so all u techie plz give me some helpful hint as to figure out what the heck is wrong.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    You wouldn't fancy giving us some information to go on would you?
    What motherboard have you got?
    Do you have on-board graphics?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What is displayed at bootup in the POST screen... 700 of 1 gig?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by pichan916@20 January 2004 - 21:57
    Somehow my winxp pro is stating that i only have 700mb of Ram but when the system is starting up it state that i have well over 1G of Ram which i do because i have two 512MB of DDR. Is there a reason for this??? I just recently had this problem. Before the weekend it was showing that i have 1G Ram which is the max that my motherboard can handle. Has anyone encounter this problem before or have any advice to figure out why the heck WinXP is thinking that my computer only have 700MB.

Plz i need help, this thing is driving me crazy. i haven't encount a problem like this yet. so all u techie plz give me some helpful hint as to figure out what the heck is wrong.
    he says right there that it says he has 1 gig of ram showing up at the boot screen.

what motherboard do you have? what kind of memory is it?
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sorry for not being too clear on it.

Here are my comp spec.

AMD AlthonXP 2000+
    ECS Elitegroup K7s5a here the link to the motherboard http://www.ecs.com.tw/products/pd_sp...product_id=269
    two 512 pc2700 DDR Ram <1 samsung and 1 crucial>
    no onboard graphic card < have a ATI 128mbit Radeon 8500 on the 4xAGP slot>
    Running on winxp pro with servicepacket1

hopeful that is all the spec u need. but if needed more just ask.

My motherboard can handle up to 1G of DDR ram. I know because last week it stated that i have 1G of ram in the system.

well here is the picture of what the computer is saying i have right now. When the computer is starting up <when the motherboard bios is detecting everything ex harddrive, cdrom, floppy, etc.., it say that i have well over 1G> it just when i check the system properties it say i only have 700mb.

see if anyone know what is going on.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Had the same problem take all the ram out make sure the dust is gone put it back in repeat untill it says so...

i know it sounds retarded... but it will eventually work... had to do it with my 2 gigs of ram...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thanks i&#39;ll give that a try.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    I never trust system properties, in some other computers ive had it would give me incorrect info, like what processor i had or how much ram. but when i check with programs like aida32 or sisoft sandra it would tell me the correct info.
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    if you press alt+ctrl+del then go to performance what does it say your total physical memory is?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    total physical memory is 716336kb which total over 700mb.

the wired thing is that when i plug in only one 512 ddram, the system properities will read 512 ram. i try both ram seperately and both seem to be reading at 512 ram seperately by themself on either slot. but when i plug both ram into both slot, the total keep coming out 700mb.

i&#39;ll test out the program and see what it say. thank for the tips.

edit:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wohhhpiiiiiiiiiiiii i got the fricken thing working again. Now it is finally reading 1.00G of Ram on the system properties. All i did was reset on motherboard system bios by jump one of the pin. all by chance. Didn&#39;t think that would work but it did and i&#39;m FRicken HAPPY&#33;&#33;&#33;

thanks everyone