Thread: Lots Of Users, Unable To Connect.

Liquid_Turbo
    Any ideas whats going on?

I"m using Clean KMD 2.4.4

any help would be appreciated.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Maybe there servers are too full to handle more people

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Try changing the port number in the firewall option. Whenever I have trouble connecting this seems to work. Any 5 digit number from 65535 downwards should work.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I just changed my port number. Excellent connected directly. Cheers for the tip.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Yr welcome - btw try downloading Clean KMD 2.4.4. Since I installed it the connecting has been absolutely top hole old bean!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    I only open my mouth to change feet!! You already have Clean KMD244!

Welcome to Planksville!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Liquid_Turbo@20 January 2004 - 20:32
    Any ideas whats going on?

I"m using Clean KMD 2.4.4

any help would be appreciated.
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

even tho i do advise people to change port, it is a last resort and not a good idea, as changing ports will work against you in the long run

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed
    ...but I thought he was having trouble connecting in the general rather than the specific ie cleanKMD wasn't connecting generally rather than filesharers specifically.

As you appear knowledgeable, what is the rationale for using a change of port as a last resort? I find if Kazaa is not connecting it is good way of establishing a connection - it works for me and it seems to have worked for "Liquid T".

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by oldjagman@7 February 2004 - 01:28
    your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed
    ...but I thought he was having trouble connecting in the general rather than the specific ie cleanKMD wasn't connecting generally rather than filesharers specifically.

As you appear knowledgeable, what is the rationale for using a change of port as a last resort? I find if Kazaa is not connecting it is good way of establishing a connection - it works for me and it seems to have worked for "Liquid T".
    why don't you have a look around and read then come and question me i don't have time to tell stuff you can read around and should read before you post, port chaning is a short term solution and not good for the long run, for more info do your homework.

second if you have not noticed, that post is full of info and does cover the question at hand and offers more info any user should know , also the question is about files not connecting and not klite. which if you knew anything about how klite works, you would not be asking me pointless questions. again for more info do your home work