Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borland C Compiler

BANNED
    Ok, can anyone direct me to a DIRECT link to (preferably) Borland's C compiler. I don't know the difference between C and C++, so I would like some links. Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    By the way does anyone know if C is the same as C# ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    here
    or
    here

this is a free version of the borland compiler given away from there website. it is just the compiler with no fancy ide to develope with so i would recommend. you read
    this on how to set it up.

you then just type bcc32 filename.cpp at your commandline to compile.

i think c# is the .net version of c but i have not looked into it so i could be very wrong.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 4play@20 January 2004 - 21:08
    here
    or
    here

this is a free version of the borland compiler given away from there website. it is just the compiler with no fancy ide to develope with so i would recommend. you read
    this on how to set it up.

you then just type bcc32 filename.cpp at your commandline to compile.

i think c# is the .net version of c but i have not looked into it so i could be very wrong.
    Thanks, I'm gonna try and check back here tomorrow

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    C, C++, and C# are all different languages.

C is basically the base language. C++ is C revamped, and C# is Microsoft's new language to kill Java. C++ is fading out as far as I know for Java, however C++ is a very very good language to know don't let me bash it. C is also tougher to learn than Java.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    The new linux kernel 2.6 is written in all C. No C++.

@DWk The free borland compiler is command line only.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by shn@21 January 2004 - 06:14
    The new linux kernel 2.6 is written in all C. No C++.
    and i still cant get that damn thing working.

i really should read what modules i want and what needs to be compiled into the kernel itself.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by 4play+21 January 2004 - 00:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4play &#064; 21 January 2004 - 00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@21 January 2004 - 06:14
    The new linux kernel 2.6 is written in all C.&nbsp; No C++.
    and i still cant get that damn thing working.

i really should read what modules i want and what needs to be compiled into the kernel itself. [/b][/quote]
    Find a good tutorial pertaining to your distro and make sure you enable kernel module support. Almost everyone wants modules. Its a shame is not built in by default.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Schuler+20 January 2004 - 22:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Schuler @ 20 January 2004 - 22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> C, C++, and C# are all different languages.

C is basically the base language. C++ is C revamped, and C# is Microsoft&#39;s new language to kill Java. C++ is fading out as far as I know for Java, however C++ is a very very good language to know don&#39;t let me bash it. C is also tougher to learn than Java. [/b]

Thanks for that

<!--QuoteBegin-shn

@DWk The free borland compiler is command line only. [/quote]

That&#39;s not a problem. I don&#39;t mind compiling from DOS. The thing is I was confused on what to get (because I didn&#39;t know the difference between C and C#)

If you check borland.com, you shall see that they have a C++ Builder and a C#Builder, but I didn&#39;t see anything as a C Builder

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I mostly use the gcc compiler. I believe they have a port for windows 32 bit systems.
    http://gcc.gnu.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast