Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Pack A Game

Poster
    if you use uharc to compress all the files with the same extension then you get a large ammount of commpression and then use winace to compress the compressed files......then you can cut the file size down! you will also have to create registry keys for the software - best leave it to those who know how! UHARC Ultra High multimedia ARChiver (it's the dos screen that comes up when you install a myth or class release) oh yeah you could also try a batch file that turns all bmp's into jpegs (and back again when you extract them) and all wav's to mp3 and vice versa.

2. Games   -   #12
    The "Class" or "Myth" people use UNHARC as compression.
    If somebody has that program, could you me me a link or put in on Kazaa?

3. Games   -   #13
    TRshady
    also, even though slightly annoying for me (with broadband) most downloaded games are so small because they miss out a lot of soud. My fifa 2001 has no commentary.

possibly, john motson got abducted.

4. Games   -   #14
    Poster
    with some games.. they change the .wav files into .mp3 saving quite a bit of memory B)
    ice ice baby

5. Games   -   #15
    Thanx for whoever sent me that file.
    I really needed that.
    Now I just need to know how to program it.
    There was a official site about UNHARC.
    But the Stupid F.B.I got into it.

6. Games   -   #16
    Poster
    The best method of packing files that I have found is to use multiple compressors. For example....

1. Use audio compressor to convert all audio to MP3 or OGG (I prefer OGG...better quality at smaller size IMO)
    2. Use UHARC to compress entire file
    3. Use WinACE to shrink UHARCed file and break into smaller chunks
    4. Use WinRAR to pack all individual files into one.

In the process use all options to lead to smallest files and have WinRARs Self-Extract features auto run WinACEs autorun and have WinACEs extract features run the UHARC decompress features and have UHARC exe the audio converter. (WHEW!&#33 This is the exact method I have seen multiple CLASS and MYTH use, except I have also seen them use custom installers to handle the decompression stages.

Maybe this will give you some ideas

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    it was me!!!!! i sent it ya!!! search uharc on google and there are quite a few forums and some gui frontends for uharc ( i haven't found a REALLy good one yet&#33 but if you don't remeber the days of pkzip and pkunzip, all the switches can be a bit of a git to get to grips with!
    start a dos box and type uharc /? it brings up all the options and well......experiment!!! - i'd post a link to my http for any1 that wants uharc and a .bat file to explain the extraction but i don't know if i'm allowed pm me if ya want it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12