Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legal Drinking Age

what is the Legal Drinking Age in your country and what do you think it should be?
    in Sweden it's 18 for the pubs, restaurants and clubs (if the owner hasn't stated otherwise) and 20 in the liquor stores. I think 18 is a good minimum age cuz in must countries your old enough to vote and drive at that age

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    18 in the UK, i think that's pretty fair

most people probably start drinking before then (at family parties or with friends) but i think that 18 is a good age to be able to buy alcohol at
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    The other way to look at it 4th is that when you are drinking you are unable to act any older than 18, no matter what age you are

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@21 January 2004 - 11:57
    The other way to look at it 4th is that when you are drinking you are unable to act any older than 18, no matter what age you are

i always maintain an air of maturity :-"

And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    right up until you try to say something or move I&#39;ll bet, just like the rest of us

6. Lounge   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 January 2004 - 12:04
    i always maintain an air of maturity :-"
    Matured in oak vats?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    I started drinking when i was a baby..

But i think it&#39;s 16 years here in the Netherlands.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@21 January 2004 - 12:06
    right up until you try to say something or move I&#39;ll bet, just like the rest of us
    first time i was drinking cider, had 2 454ml cans of scrumpy jack, stood up and fell flat on my face :">

And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by 4th gen+21 January 2004 - 13:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 21 January 2004 - 13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-(>Zero Cool<)@21 January 2004 - 12:06
    first time i was drinking cider, had 2 454ml cans of scrumpy jack, stood up and fell flat on my face :">

[/b][/quote]
    ahhhhh.....always read the small print my friend, I take it at that age you weren&#39;t aware that it wasn&#39;t the drinks fault but because.......

a) you hadn&#39;t eaten much
    B) you weren&#39;t well last Tuesday
    d) You don&#39;t normally drink cider
    e)you had a few before you came out
    f)you are on medication
    g) you thought the xcarpet looked nice and wondered if it had some shake &#39;n&#39; vac so you were checking the countryside fresh smell
    h)you dropped some money
    i) you hadn&#39;t slept for days, weeks even
    j)you were bored

etc etc

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)+21 January 2004 - 12:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ((>Zero Cool<) @ 21 January 2004 - 12:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 4th gen@21 January 2004 - 13:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-(>Zero Cool<)
    @21 January 2004 - 12:06

ahhhhh.....always read the small print my friend, I take it at that age you weren&#39;t aware that it wasn&#39;t the drinks fault but because.......

a) you hadn&#39;t eaten much
    B) you weren&#39;t well last Tuesday
    d) You don&#39;t normally drink cider
    e)you had a few before you came out
    f)you are on medication
    g) you thought the xcarpet looked nice and wondered if it had some shake &#39;n&#39; vac so you were checking the countryside fresh smell
    h)you dropped some money
    i) you hadn&#39;t slept for days, weeks even
    j)you were bored

etc etc [/b][/quote]

but of course

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast