Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli Ambassador

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Hobbes

Alas, it is a complicated world. There are those who would suggest that you are all paid up members of the KKK. However, there is the teeny problem that they didn't have a lot of time of Jews, Catholics, oh and those of Sub-Saharan origin.

Mutually exclusive springs to mind. But who am I to pee into the wind. (Was that Bob Dylan?)

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    hobbes.

I can only speak about the Americans I have talked to. They were fully aware that billions of their tax
    dollars goes to Israel and they were quite happy with that situation. If anyone dared to mention that
    Israel may be respnsible for any wrongdoing the suggestion was met with astounding ferocity. I think the
    group was alt.politics.middle-east or something like that. You can take a look through google and see what
    kind of stuff I'm talking about. This, to me at least, did seem like fanaticism. I've never encountered such
    a mentality in England and I couldnt think of any other reason why saying that Israel isnt completely
    blameless would merit such aggression. I accept that the word 'fanatacism' is rather emotive.. but seriously..
    you had to be there. The word seemed very fitting at the time.

Now it seems that the USA is being told that we Europeans are just a bunch of closet Nazis and thats
    why we dont support everything that Israel does. Again the only explanation I can find is that the US
    media must be responsible for this. You know that hardly anyone in the US watches the BBC compared
    to Fox, CNN or Sky. So just because the BBC is available in the US doesnt mean that my argument, i.e
    that the media is to blame, is incorrect.

PS Sorry if the wrapping on my text is messed up but Im using konqueror in linux. Its a bit different
    PPS The only EBP I know of is the x86 Extended Base Pointer but I dont think thats what your getting
    at?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    1. Don't despair, you may have run into a particularly motivated bunch. Certainly dealing with people that make little to no effort to see both sides tend to cause our emotions to seep into our otherwise objective opinions.

Israel does get a great deal of positive P.R. in the US because there are so many familiar and well loved Jewish people on TV and in the movies (Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Steward, and on and on). An endorsement of association for Israel. People here have so many more "touchstones" with Jewish people than they have with Palestineans.

If I went to work and asked around, most people would probably side with Israel, but overall there is a sense of disinterest and hopelessness about that situation.

There are people on this forum who believe that the conflict is 100% Israels' fault and that the Palestineans have no culpability, so I understand how you could get frustrated.

2. You may be getting some bad info. I certainly am not getting the opinion that you are closet Nazi's from my TV, nor would I believe it, if I were.

You know that hardly anyone in the US watches the BBC compared
    to Fox, CNN or Sky. So just because the BBC is available in the US doesnt mean that my argument, i.e
    that the media is to blame, is incorrect
    Yes, a valid point.

It is just that emotive language and the brainwashed media/ BBC impartiality theme, brought back bad memories from this forums past.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    According to the law of the Talmud and the present laws of Israel, Rupert Murdoch is a Jew. His father married Elisabeth Joy Greene who is from a wealthy Jewish family.
    You know... I thought that this was very interesting since it's the first time I'd heard that he was Jewish. I decided to look it up and I have to say that the only websites where I found this mentioned was on alternative history websites or severely anti-semitic (yes, anti-semitic) sites. Coincidently, the same little blurb about "according to the Talmud and present laws of Israel" was also used on each of these sites. These sites all spoke of Murdoch being Jewish in the context of a vast Jewish conspiracy in which Murdoch as well as many other Jews knew of 9/11 weeks before it happened, implying that Jews were the purpetrators.

Example:
    direct quote from convicted holocaust denier David Irving's site: "And that, as I am sure you know, makes him a Jew according to the law of the Talmud, and indeed according to the present laws of Israel."
    http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/02/05/Murdoch2.html

Other sites that repeat the same thing pretty much word for word are "truthseeker" and "the unjust media", two virulently anti-semitic sites.
    Now, why your own words are so close to those of David Irving's..... my mind can only wonder.

I now feel no need to respond to the rest of your post since one thing the internet has taught me is not to bother debating with folks who believe crap like this.But whatever, I'm a slow learner.

As for those other companies, just because they are "publicly owned" means nothing. Shareholders do not get to make decisions about the political stance an organisation will take. As long as the profits keep flowing in they are happy bunnies.
    You need to learn something about public corporations. They do answer to their shareholders. Profits depend on this. If you don't believe me, go read an economics book. The least you can do is admit that you were wrong about these companies being owned by Jews.

Is it anti-semitic to point out that huge swathes of the media are owned by Jew's and thus put forward a pro-Israel stance?
    It is anti-semitic if it's not true.

Now.. this huge rise in anti-semitism in the UK.. who am I to say anything? I only live 10 miles from the biggest Jewish centre in the UK so what do I know!
    So, because you live 10 miles (that ain't so close, my friend!&#33 from a Jewish community centre, you feel that you know of the plight of anti-semitism in the UK better than an EU commission's detailed study. P'shaw!

Now.. the reason you are not seeing "exhibits displaying the beauty of Chechen suicide bombers? Iraqi suicide bombers? 9/11 suicide bombers?" etc is because they are TERRORISTS not civilized governments.
    You've confused yourself here. This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that Palestinian suicide bombers killing children at cafes and night clubs and restaurants are not terrorists, like Chechen suicide bombers or Iraqi suicide bombers that are trying to drive out the US occupation forces?

The fact is that in Europe we have a far more balanced view of the middle east situation compared to the USA, and because we are not fanatically pro-Israel...
    How sinple life must be to know that you are so even-minded and balanced whereas those other people are so blinded by money and media influence. Now, pray tell, how do you know that it's not YOU who is blinded by the BBC and The Guardian (owned by a massively rich and far Left Scott Trust, which owns The Observer among a couple dozen other major newspapers & magazines) who are biased in their own right? With so many more Muslims that Jews in the UK and the rest of Europe, how do you know that you're not getting pro-Palestinian info because that's who the media plays to?

Jeez, how easy it must be to know that you are of such a free mind while everyone else is biased and blinded.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Originally posted by putty+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (putty)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You know... I thought that this was very interesting since it&#39;s the first time I&#39;d heard that he was Jewish. I decided to look it up and I have to say that the only websites where I found this mentioned was on alternative history websites or severely anti-semitic (yes, anti-semitic) sites. Coincidently, the same little blurb about "according to the Talmud and present laws of Israel" was also used on each of these sites. These sites all spoke of Murdoch being Jewish in the context of a vast Jewish conspiracy in which Murdoch as well as many other Jews knew of 9/11 weeks before it happened, implying that Jews were the purpetrators.

Example:
    direct quote from convicted holocaust denier David Irving&#39;s site: "And that, as I am sure you know, makes him a Jew according to the law of the Talmud, and indeed according to the present laws of Israel."
    http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/02/05/Murdoch2.html

Other sites that repeat the same thing pretty much word for word are "truthseeker" and "the unjust media", two virulently anti-semitic sites.
    Now, why your own words are so close to those of David Irving&#39;s..... my mind can only wonder. [/b]

Interesting. You havent denied Rupert Murdoch is Jewish. Believe it or not but I do not copy and paste crap from Anti-semitic nutcases.

Lets leave your paranoiac fantasies to one side for a moment and focus on the facts.

Fact: Rupert Murdochs father married into a Jewish family
    Fact: According to Jewish tradition this makes him a Jew.

Does this mean the Jews are out to rule the world? No.
    Does this mean they knew about 9/11? No.
    Does it mean that Rupert Murdoch may be motivated to present a pro-Israeli viewpoint through his media outlets? Yes.
    Can you provide an alternative reason as to why so many media stations are vehemently pro-Israel and anti-Palestinian? No.

Originally posted by putty+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (putty)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>You need to learn something about public corporations. They do answer to their shareholders. Profits depend on this. If you don&#39;t believe me, go read an economics book.[/b]

It&#39;s quite clear that profit margins are not adversely affected by portraying a pro-Israel stance. Day to day running of these corporations is not handled by shareholders. My point stands.

Originally posted by putty
    So, because you live 10 miles (that ain&#39;t so close, my friend&#33;&#33 from a Jewish community centre, you feel that you know of the plight of anti-semitism in the UK better than an EU commission&#39;s detailed study. P&#39;shaw
    This would be the same EU study that wasnt published because of anti-semitism in the EU? I wonder... is there anything you cant explain away with anti-semitism? Apparently not.

Maybe the authorities are involved in an anti-semitic conspiracy in my local area to make sure that news of all these anti-semitic attacks aren&#39;t shown on the local news?

<!--QuoteBegin-putty
    @
    How sinple life must be to know that you are so even-minded and balanced whereas those other people are so blinded by money and media influence. Now, pray tell, how do you know that it&#39;s not YOU who is blinded by the BBC and The Guardian (owned by a massively rich and far Left Scott Trust, which owns The Observer among a couple dozen other major newspapers & magazines)
    who are biased in their own right?
    [/quote]

What do they have to gain from being anti-semitic or anti-Israel? What motivation do they have for feeding us all these lies? Are the owners mulsims? Are they Palestinians?

Of course thats ignoring the fact that these media outlets do not apportion blame to one side exclusively and that they also show the terrible suffering endured by BOTH sides in this conflict.

<!--QuoteBegin-putty

With so many more Muslims that Jews in the UK and the rest of Europe, how do you know that you&#39;re not getting pro-Palestinian info because that&#39;s who the media plays to?[/quote]

lol... the entire non-white population of the UK is around 5-6%. Se lets be excessively generous and say 3% of the UK population are muslims. Your now arguing that the media in the UK is giving a pro-Palestinian viewpoint (which they are not) to secure the sales of newspapers to 3% of the population whilst ignoring what the other 97% may think of this?

You&#39;ve come to this conclusion based on the fact that the UK media in general is not 100% supportive of Israel and doesnt blame the Palestinians exclusively for the problems in the middle east?

Thats the true measure of how biased the US media has become. Anything other than total unconditional support for Israel is construed as rampant anti-semitism.

Thats what this is all about, and now the political pressure is being applied to the EU because of the crime of disagreeing with Israels policies. If that means labelling the population of Europe as Nazis... so be it. What if you&#39;re a European and you have a problem with the people who are pushing this argument like crazy in the US? Got it one&#33; Your anti-semitic&#33;

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Interesting. You havent denied Rupert Murdoch is Jewish. Believe it or not but I do not copy and paste crap from Anti-semitic nutcases.
    Please provide proof of his Jewish mother. Give me a link.

I find it very funny that every anti-semitic website words it in the way that "his father married a wealthy Jewish family... making him Jewish according to the Talmud... blah blah and laws of Israel", as opposed to a simple "his mother is Jewish." And I find it hysterical that this is word for word how you wrote it&#33;

So, give me a link to support your statement. I don&#39;t believe you. I don&#39;t believe that he is Jewish.

It&#39;s quite clear that profit margins are not adversely affected by portraying a pro-Israel stance. Day to day running of these corporations is not handled by shareholders. My point stands

Sigh. You said that these companies are all owned byJews. You were wrong. Be a man and admit it that your fantasies of a wealthy Jew-owned media spewing 100% pro-Israel crap on TV stations that you&#39;ve never seen is dead wrong.

This would be the same EU study that wasnt published because of anti-semitism in the EU?
    Um no. It&#39;s the same study that was not published because they did not want to fess up to the results showing that anti-semitic attacks were on a steep rise and related the Israel/Palestine conflict. Hence, the attacks were crossing the line from anti-Israel to anti-semitism.

This doesn&#39;t reflect kindly on their oh so even-handed Middle East policy. Neither does the fact that Europeans now view Israel as the world&#39;s greatest threat to peace. Must be all that even-handedness&#33; "D

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I dont know if he has a Jewish Mother and was brought up as a Jew or not, he certainly hasnt ever denied it. Although this may or may not matter, depending upon how he feels about his faith (or indeed, if he follows any faith)

I do know that he is very good friends with Mr Sharron though, and has been since the early 1980&#39;s at least. Mr Sharron, in my opinion, is a person that should be in Jail for crimes against humanity (and yes, so should a number of Islamic and christian leaders, this isnt anti-jew/israel) and to be friends with such a person does not endear him to me.

Fox is owned by News Corporation...ie Rupert Murdoch

CNN former CEO was Mr Isaacson, dont know who the new guy is..however the network is owned by TBS, which in turn is owned by Time Warner.

ABC joint CEO&#39;s I believe are Lloyd Braun (remember the piss takes on Seinfeld?)and Stu Bloomberg. The company is owned by Walt Disney, CEO Michael Eisner, known for his macro management style...

Between them Rupert Murdoch and Michael Eisener could be perceived to control most of the US media...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Originally posted by putty@25 January 2004 - 19:45

Please provide proof of his Jewish mother. Give me a link.

Tap tap tap.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    I hope you dont think the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is anti-semitic...

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/series4/9906.htm

Are you now going to start arguing that the Greene (her maiden name) family aren&#39;t Jewish?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by leftism@29 January 2004 - 11:05
    I hope you dont think the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is anti-semitic...

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/series4/9906.htm

Are you now going to start arguing that the Greene (her maiden name) family aren&#39;t Jewish?

I already knew that his mother was Greene. That wasn&#39;t the question here. You were supposed to provide a link attesting to their Jewishness.

I&#39;d be very interested in reading about her Judaism. Please educate me.

All I could find is that in 1942 she launched a Good Friday appeal for the Melbourne Children&#39;s Hospital.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast