Thread: How Do Ftp's Work

Poster
    Hi, i have been using MIRC for a while but it has been difficult getting some files from it, How do FTP's work anybody have a guide posted like the MIRC ones?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much stuff to read, dude, we are in the business of getting stuff the easy way! anything else, simpler out there, thanx anyway

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    How Does FTP Work?

Computer A has FTP software on it. Computer B is running FTP server software and has files available. Computer A can connect to Computer B and download any files of interest. It's pretty much that simple. There are different ways to do FTP, really different types of software you can use. Old-style FTP software is what is called "line mode." This means that you have to know the necessary commands. Newer FTP software uses the easier "point-n-click" option.

With all FTP software, you have to connect to the FTP server. Then, you have to navigate to the server directory where the files you have are located. The biggest problem with FTP is knowing what the files are and finding the one you need.

Some FTP servers will require you to identify yourself with a login and password. Others will allow you to connect anonymously. When doing anonymous FTP, you still need to identify yourself but your login will be ANONYMOUS and your password will be your email address (ie. [email protected]).

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Keer@26 January 2004 - 22:14
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much stuff to read, dude, we are in the business of getting stuff the easy way! anything else, simpler out there, thanx anyway
    So what ur saying is that u'd like the benefits but ur unwilling to do the legwork, right?
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    thanx, is FTP better than MIRC? and yes i am not willing to do any extra work and am proud of it