Thread: How Do You Make Multiple Winrar Archive Volumes?

Roosh's Avatar Poster
    I've scoured Google w/out any success (Rarsoft's knowledgebase is down atm & the app's own help index is rubbish)...

Preparing to release a large avi to the newsgroups & want to split the file into 14 or 15 meg file volumes the way I see it done everywhere else...but I can't get it to work, I've tried everything (that I'm aware of) - AAAARGHH!
    By the way, it's WinRAR v3.30 Beta 5.

I right-click the avi, "Add to Archive" & this is basically the way I have it set up...

When it comes to "Split to volumes, bytes", I've attempted the bottom 3 options without any success. Then I interpretted a help link I found on google as explaining that it's up to the user to change the extension in the "Archive name" from .rar to .r00 or.r01, but that just created large single files with those extensions.

Below, I tried selecting "old style..." but that didn't do anything. The other tabs & options don't seem to be relevant...

->The fact that it's something which is probably right under my nose & the fact that everybody else seems to be executing the process easily is what's so irritating.

Anyway, little help?

Thanks a lot.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    in the option "split volumes, bytes" enter 15,728,640 (for the rar to be split into 15mb files) then just click ok n it should start raring.

14,680,064 (for 14 mb files)
    SP

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Roosh's Avatar Poster

That did the trick! Thanks a lot, SP1.