Thread: What Does Downloading Mean?

Would anyone have an opinion on this?

Most of the time when I check my status I get a report saying I have so many uploads and so many downloads. The problem is the uploads are REALLY uploads and the downloads are often just indications that I'm being connected. But just because I am it doesn't really mean I'm downloading because the message very often disappears to be replaced by that hated term "more sources needed"! How can I get over this. Please help. Thanx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    The only way I know to get rid of this is try right clicking on the file and pressing "Find more sources", or try to download from another source you can connect to, as they might not be sharing the file.

Regards, NightStalker.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by maketso@21 January 2004 - 20:51
    the downloads are often just indications that I'm being connected. But just because I am it doesn't really mean I'm downloading because the message very often disappears to be replaced by that hated term "more sources needed"! How can I get over this. Please help. Thanx
    You are correct -- both 'connecting' and 'searching' downloads count against the max download limit. (This is one of the reasons why I set my max downloads MUCH higher than my max uploads&#33

Making sure your connection isn't considered 'firewalled' by Kazaa/KL++ is a top priority if you don't like seeing "more sources needed".

This includes ip port forwarding (TCP+UDP) PLUS running KaNAT if behind a router.
    And letting Kazaa/KL++ have transparent access through ALL your firewalls for its traffic.

Also, your ISP may be throttling Kazaa/KL++'s speeds beyond the ordinary max limits of your connection -- so look for subtle clues of that too, often only visible on uploads... as it's hard to max-out downloads on a good broadband connection using Kazaa/KL++ alone.