Thread: Router Help

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Hey! My little brother is about to get my old dell up and running. For him to get internet I will have to get a router though. My friend has THIS Linksys router. It works good, but would the $20 cheaper one be the same or what?

Also, What else will I need? I will need to hook the main internet connection up to the router correct? Then have a cable from the router to my ethernet connector, then have a wirless plug in the router, then have a wireless plug in his ethernet connector? Or something like that? lolol Thanks for any help! He should be up and running soon.

Also, Im selling him my 17inch Dell monitor for $120. It is 180 brand new....what kind of monitor could I get for max of about $150 that is good? Flat screen and good color, Thanks!

Im also thinking about selling him my 80GB harddrive for $80 and getting like a 120GB for $100 if I can see one on sale. I could also use his 80GB for storage since he wont use near that much...so I will really have 2 HDDs, just one will be running an O/S for him haha thanks for any helps guys.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

thats basiclly it, unless you get wireless, then you wont need the network cables going to pcs

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hmm, so I just need one modem then? And I would want wireless to his room, im not having wires running through the halls lol.

This looks like a good deal..Here

Edit: Oh wait...just found that for ONE more dollar I can get 8MB buffer haha Here

Are those drives good?...sure do seem cheap. But all I care about is storage really, dont have to be the FASTEST

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Twist3r
    lol i have a 20 foot cat5 cable running through my dining room

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BuMp, ...answer bout the harddrives...those are SO cheap...Are they good or what? Cuz I want one...also a monitor thanks

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I have that same router. Really works great.