Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3ivx

how can i convert the .mov file into somthing else, what is the method for me to be able to play it in videolan for example?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    What I do is use WinMPG ( http://www.winmpg.com ) to convert my MOV files to AVI.. and TMPGEnc to convert everything else. ( http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html )

geothermal

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    ok, i have installed quicktime player,WinMPG video converter, but everytime i load it up to convert, my windows pops up with a message saying WinMPGVideoConvert.exe has encuntered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Whats that all about? is it free software? if not how do i activate it?
    edit, ok i have located winmpg v5.0 but it requires registration and a code number, maybe there is an older version that i can use to convert .mov files, i dont know is there? please can you post a link with a serial (PM) me.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    geothermal78's Avatar Poster
    In winmpg v5.0, can you leave the code number blank ?

It is a trial version remember, so yes you have to register it.

As for the error message, "WinMPGVideoConvert.exe has encuntered a problem and needs to close."

1. How much RAM do you have on this computer ?

2. When you control-alt-delete and choose the task manager, what do you see in the bottom center of that window ?

It should show your cpu usage..... You might experiment with closing some running processes with task manager. And then try running the program again.

3. Run RegCleaner, defrag, clean out the caches and temp folders after you have restarted the computer. Then try the program again.

4. Post your results here with your computer specs....

5. good luck

geothermal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12