Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rename To Zip

Hey, i am always downloadin these files that say"rename to .zip and unzip" are these real cuz i never get them to work. If they are real how do i get them to be recognized by windows as a zipped file and not an application.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Have you tried changing the file extension to .zip and double click it?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I think it wants you to rename the extension to zip. Then unzip it with something like WinRAR or Winzip, See if that helps.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    try taking out the .exe out of the filename. Or try clicking on them and see if WinZIP opens up.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yeah right after I posted i realized that I did not have winzip installed, i am tryon that now. And yes i have tried to double click I am new to the board not to computers Datamore. Thanks, the biggest thing i wanted to know is if they are real or not.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    We all posted a minute after each other and all said the same thing

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    That is why I love these forums quick replys, it is weird that K-lite gets a better forum than microsoft!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by toddiscool@1 March 2003 - 15:39
    Yeah right after I posted i realized that I did not have winzip installed, i am tryon that now. And yes i have tried to double click I am new to the board not to computers Datamore. Thanks, the biggest thing i wanted to know is if they are real or not.
    Yea, they're usually real. They add the .exe so Kazaa (Lite) can recognize that it belongs in the software category.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by toddiscool@1 March 2003 - 15:41
    That is why I love these forums quick replys, it is weird that K-lite gets a better forum than microsoft!!
    Thanks, we try hard too. Shinigami, your other post was suppose to be 40 minutes to be complete.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    You don't need to rename the file extension if you have WinZip.
    You can open up any file within WinZip and if it's a valid archive it will show you what's in it.

Of course this forum is better than Microsoft's! No one likes working for Microsoft, they're all grumpy bastards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast