Thread: Looking For A Text Editor

Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Please tell me if there's a text editor with the following requirements...

a) Quick-loading (like Notepad or just a little slower, NOT like DW or CSE validator)
    b ) Not so many (if any) useless options (not clutterred interface)
    c) HTML syntax highlighting
    d) Ability to set tab size

So far i've used Notepad and Ultraedit, but i don't know of a way to set tab size in UEdit, which is very important to me...

I've also tried ConText but it didn't fit ( b ).

Please tell me of one thx.

P.S. I'm sure this has been asked before, but in the old topics there are so many 'recommended' editors, that it would be nearly impossible to try out all of them... plus i won't be able to tell if i like it immediately.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    EditPad Lite Pro might be something that will come in handy.

I am not sure whether it has an ability to set tab size.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Thx It&#39;s just what i was looking for (and it can set tab size)...

Now, i wonder where i get the full (Pro) version... i&#39;ll search KLite and SR.

Thx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You are welcome. Klite, emule might be places to look.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Thx a lot this thing is great, it kicks UltraEdit32 to the moon and back in just about all categories.

I found the prog on the eDonkey network (very slow download ), but did get it in the end.

Speaking of which, I haven&#39;t been able to find any semi-popular software on KLite lately. No matter what I look for, it never returns anything... examples are: BadCopy Pro, DVD X Rescue, this one (EditPad Pro) and a lot more i can&#39;t remember.

Seems like FT is going down the drain so said, it was always my favourite network despite the large amount of fakes, mislabeled files, and leechers.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Same thing here It is sad to see the end of FT Network this way

Its much harder to find any good softwares on klite.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    I use EditPlus - amazing - I use it for programming and reading .nfo and lots of other stuff