Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: The Next Car I Buy

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by 4th gen+23 January 2004 - 14:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 23 January 2004 - 14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@23 January 2004 - 11:57
    @J&#39;Pol - it&#39;s fairly easy to see the similarities. Go look at a Bentley and observe the front view, the back, and the overall shape. The Chrysler&#39;s corners are rounded off though. The Lincoln LS took style points from BMW (almost bought one but they didn&#39;t have 0% financing so they could kiss my butttocks).
    i can&#39;t really see the similarities either...

the styling of this car is typically american, a box with another box on top, rolls and bentleys are a little more styled than this... [/b][/quote]
    You to have a "typical" bias. There&#39;s hardly any American cars with this "boxy" styling.

Maybe the Crown Vic, Marauder, the K cars, and that&#39;s about it.

Bentley

Chrysler

Bentley

Bentley

Hmmmm .....nothing alike?

The host at the Chrysler dislay at the car show said they took styling from Bentley.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Poster
    It must be true then, the car salesman said it.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    If they based the styling on a bentley, they did a really crap job

Look at the way the bentley sits on the road....the elegant lines running along the rear quarter.....then look at the square, ugly styling of the Chrysler....the horrible bump in the headlights, the hugely oversized grille and front bumper....from the profile its not too bad, but the front and three quarter view is terrible.

All IMO of course

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@23 January 2004 - 21:49

Look at the way the bentley sits on the road....the elegant lines running along the rear quarter.....then look at the square, ugly styling of the Chrysler....the horrible bump in the headlights, the hugely oversized grille and front bumper....from the profile its not too bad, but the front and three quarter view is terrible.

All IMO of course
    But your not trying to sell it, so what would you know.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+23 January 2004 - 20:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 23 January 2004 - 20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@23 January 2004 - 21:49

All IMO of course
    But your not trying to sell it, so what would you know. [/b][/quote]
    indeed

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Originally posted by RGX+23 January 2004 - 21:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RGX &#064; 23 January 2004 - 21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@23 January 2004 - 20:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX
    @23 January 2004 - 21:49

All IMO of course

But your not trying to sell it, so what would you know.
    indeed [/b][/quote]
    Glad you agree. .

Actually RGX I like Bentley&#39;s but they are just boxes as well. I understand the luxury features but I never saw why they had the big price tag "style wise".
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+23 January 2004 - 21:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 23 January 2004 - 21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 4th gen@23 January 2004 - 14:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @23 January 2004 - 11:57
    @J&#39;Pol - it&#39;s fairly easy to see the similarities. Go look at a Bentley and observe the front view, the back, and the overall shape. The Chrysler&#39;s corners are rounded off though. The Lincoln LS took style points from BMW (almost bought one but they didn&#39;t have 0% financing so they could kiss my butttocks).

i can&#39;t really see the similarities either...

the styling of this car is typically american, a box with another box on top, rolls and bentleys are a little more styled than this...
    This is what a Bentley looks like.

The other one looks like someone tried to carve something similar from a bag of shite.

If you can&#39;t see the difference I can only assume you are an American [/b][/quote]
    Damn dude

I didn&#39;t say I didn&#39;t notice the difference, I notice the similarities.
    Just like I notice the Chrysler Pacifica is similar to a station wagon.
    When you take style points from something it&#39;s not the same as making it look exactly alike.
    The angle of backlights
    The front profile

Assume I&#39;m American? Why assume something you know already? Oh you&#39;re trying be smartassed.

Either way I respect your opinions; Interesting that they are all foreign.
    I expected that. Maybe I&#39;ll get a nicely equipped 1985 Ford Capri.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #58

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #59
    BANNED
    Chrisler has some sweet cars

10. Lounge   -   #60
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You all can go &#39;round as you wish-

I&#39;ve loved the Ford GT since the race versions in the &#39;60s.

Aside from the 427 AC Cobra, the GT is IT for me-end of story.

To bark about environmental and economic issues when discussing these cars is to miss the point entirely,

Thanks for the pics, guys-you made my day.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456