Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3ivx

Poster
    can someone tell me please which is the best media player to use for a movie with this in its description - Hulk.xl.3ivx.mov-MOV File-186,112 KB i am still downloading it. i downloaded a movie with a similar description yesterday and played it through videolan, but it was very 'sticky' so i made a few adjustments to the 3ivx configuration, but still the same or are there and adjustments i can make to the 'preferences' in the player. also is there a better version of the Divx player 2.5.2?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    try videolan or BSplayer

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    as written above i did play it through videolan, and bs player wouldnt even play it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    Originally posted by the mask@22 January 2004 - 10:49
    as written above i did play it through videolan, and bs player wouldnt even play it
    Are you only using 3ivx ?

you can try installing the codecpack which contains more codecs

{I}{K}{E}

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sorry, i havent fully explained myself, yes i do have the full codec pack (kazaa lite codec pack). i have the bs player, Divx 2.5.2 player and videolan. i must also state when the movie had fully d/loaded from BT, the icon remained the same, i mean, yesterday i downloaded 'the italian job' and the download icon next to its description looks like the icon when you download something from kazaa and its still a dat file- so does that mean anything. i used G-Spot and that said i need the quicktime player, so idownloaded that, and of course that worked like the windows media player- better than going to the cinema!-lol. i hope i have explained myself a bit better

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Retired
    then it's a quicktime movie file (.MOV) so you can't play it on a other player only on quicktime and on MPC (quicktime alternative)

{I}{K}{E}

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok, thanks for your help, the quicktime player is crap, in future i wont download these types of movies! just one last thing please- changing the subject slightly, but next to my username i would like to put a small picture how do i do that. you have a picture of a woman- thats where i want to post my picture under my name - i mean. please write precise instructions please coz im thick

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Well you can convert the .mov file to something else that'll play in the other media players.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Retired
    Originally posted by the mask@22 January 2004 - 13:32
    ok, thanks for your help, the quicktime player is crap, in future i wont download these types of movies! just one last thing please- changing the subject slightly, but next to my username i would like to put a small picture how do i do that. you have a picture of a woman- thats where i want to post my picture under my name - i mean. please write precise instructions please coz im thick
    you should try Quicktime alternative

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    how can i convert the file into something else? and what is the alternative player, are you referring to MPC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast