Thread: Amd Athlonxp 2.6

hi

i've just got a athlon xp 2.6 333fsb proccessor and i notice its about 35-37 degrees
    when its idle which i dont mind but when i play a game it tends to go to about 47-49 degrees. i understand games use more proccessor power but is this acceptable? i have this h/s installed and it has a variable speed control thing and when i run it at full whack it knocks it down to about 46 degrees but it sounds like a rocket takeing off which gets annoying after a bit

so is this running ok or should i worry i googled it but the websites i found all vary to much and half seemed utter gibberish

cheers

Edit:
    i also have two 80mm system fans one at the back sucking cold air in and blowing it directly across the top of the h/s and one at the top (between the psu and rom drives) sucking air out

also im off to work will check bk in the mornin

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    is that 35-37 degrees your case temp or your CPU temp?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Kk4S-HaVoK@22 January 2004 - 14:15

i've just got a athlon xp 2.6 333fsb proccessor and i notice its about 35-37 degrees
    when its idle which i dont mind but when i play a game it tends to go to about 47-49 degrees.
    Where are you getting this temp reading from?

An easy way to get good temp readings is to download MotherboardMonitor...it's free and very configurable.

On the configuration page set "CPU1" to read from sensor "Winbond W83L785TS-S".
    This is the on-chip sensor for your AMD.
    I'm guessing that this will give a different (probably higher) temp than you are used to seeing.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Kk4S-HaVoK@22 January 2004 - 16:15
    hi

when its idle which i dont mind but when i play a game it tends to go to about 47-49 degrees. i understand games use more proccessor power but is this acceptable? i have this h/s installed and it has a variable speed control thing and when i run it at full whack it knocks it down to about 46 degrees but it sounds like a rocket takeing off which gets annoying after a bit

so is this running ok or should i worry i googled it but the websites i found all vary to much and half seemed utter gibberish

cheers

Edit:
    i also have two 80mm system fans one at the back sucking cold air in and blowing it directly across the top of the h/s and one at the top (between the psu and rom drives) sucking air out

Those temps are typical for that heatsink. They are a bit high but not of concern.

I don't like the Volcano as its way too loud for the cooling it offers.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+22 January 2004 - 19:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 22 January 2004 - 19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kk4S&#045;HaVoK@22 January 2004 - 16:15
    hi

i&#39;ve just got a athlon xp 2.6 333fsb proccessor and i notice its about 35-37 degrees

cheers

Edit:

Those temps are typical for that heatsink. They are a bit high but not of concern.

I don&#39;t like the Volcano as its way too loud for the cooling it offers. [/b][/quote]
    The noise level on my 11+ is fine for me, as long as you remember to remove that &#39;pretty&#39; fan guard.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote-Where are you getting this temp reading from?

i was using hmonitor, motherboard monitor gave me nothing but trouble

aslong as it should be fine then im not worried but i didnt want it to bugger up right away

i will be changing the h/s soonish cos its way to loud

Edit::::
    i was using the trial version of hmonitor know im using the full version and it has a lot more temperature gauges and according to the pic my cpu is around 34 and my mainboard(presumably my mobo) is 40 thios is idle when i play the mainboard goes to 44-47

this is bad aint it my other pc&#39;s mobo runs at bout 23-30 depending wats running