Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Hl2 Ship With All 9800 Xt's ?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+23 January 2004 - 03:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 23 January 2004 - 03:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@22 January 2004 - 15:42
    It comes out in September?&#33;?&#33; Theyve been talking about this game for sooo long..how can it take so long to get the game out...I bet its not even that great, sierra games ALWAYS seem like low quality POS to me...but i guess we will see.
    Sierra aren&#39;t making the game-- they are the publisher, not the author. the game is being made by Valve Software, who have a sterling resume that consists of... uh... Half-Life... and... uh... mods for Half-Life. basically they&#39;ve only made one game, previous to HL2. [/b][/quote]
    it&#39;s easily confused. but yea, sierra is the publisher/marketer/stupid rich shiteads who make &#036; off of what Valve made. Go VALVE. too bad a lot of ppl will dl the game instead of buying it. i&#39;ll buy it if&#39;s its good, and not too easy.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Thanx again for the feedback, cheers AdamP2P for the link, looks like there has been no &#39;interception&#39;() and just a slight change in shipping. I&#39;ll post my SN etc and hope for the best. No doubt I&#39;ll download it when it does come out (unless it will be a global release), but I&#39;ll also buy the original too.
    ABIT NF7s--Athlon 2800--80gbMaxtor--41gbIBM--1024DDRpc3200--PowCol9800XT--Pioneer106DVD/RW--PlextorCD/RW--SonyDVD

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

I think the 9600 XT does ship with a voucher, waht is the voucher exactly tho, jsut a certificate re-deemable for HL2?
    -TiMz

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Timz@23 January 2004 - 07:05

I think the 9600 XT does ship with a voucher, waht is the voucher exactly tho, jsut a certificate re-deemable for HL2?
    u mail the voucher in when the game is in stores, and they mail u a copy of hte game

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i thought you had the download the game (single player only) and you could only play when you are connected to the internet??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by adam_tomlinson@23 January 2004 - 13:10
    i thought you had the download the game (single player only) and you could only play when you are connected to the internet??
    I was under the impression that it gives you a full version of the game, but you have to download it off their webiste at Valve. Or various servers.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Lick My Lovepump
    You may download it, along with the rest of the HL series, or you can get it sent by mail.

I&#39;ll scan in my voucher if possible...

10 mins and I should have it up

Stupid me lost the power cable. Oh well. I&#39;ll have another look and if not I&#39;ll get one later.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+23 January 2004 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ &#064; 23 January 2004 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-adam_tomlinson@23 January 2004 - 13:10
    I was under the impression that it gives you a full version of the game, but you have to download it off their webiste at Valve. Or various servers.[/b][/quote]
    it is the full game

a note to **GASHA** : did u get the gfx card from ATI or from a 3rd party?

if the voucher is NOT included, and youi have the "Built by ATI" 9800xt, RETURN IT IMMEDIATELY AND REPORT THEM TO ATI AND THE BBB&#33;&#33;&#33; the voucher specifically says that the game cannot be returned if it is not included, and this means that the retailers who sold u the card did 1 of two things:
    • they accepted the card as a return w/o the voucher (a violation)
    • they removed the card before they sold it to you (a MAJOR VIOLATION)
    in both cases, both ATI and the BBB need to be notified.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12