Thread: Adobe Premiere Pro - Can't Uninstall

Here's what I got: an old computer. Premiere Pro won't run on my computer because of something with my processor (it requires a certain feature only available in newer processors). Bottom line is, i want to uninstall it since I can't run it anyway. When I try to uninstall, it says uninstalling, but the progress bar never moves. The only way to exit is by ending the process (using ctrl-alt-del). Does anyone know how I can remove it? I've tried the setup from the CD, and Add/Remove Programs under control panel. Is it possible that it detected an invalid CD key and is therefore giving me problems on purpose (anti-piracy security feature)? The version I installed from was the Adobe Premiere Pro7 SCOTCH version (got it from BitTorrent I believe).

Thanks for any info!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Try reinstalling? Then uninstall . Or Start in safe mode hit f8 before windows loads. Then try. Many ways to skin a cat Try a program to help System Mech . Or Regcleaner have uninstall programs ..And some are free to try. B)

Try online help

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1074575572

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Unfortunately, it does not give me the option to reinstall. I can only modify, repair, or uninstall the program. The installer hangs on all three of the options. I might just have to delete the folder and use a program to remove the registry keys.

Thanks for taking a look

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You could try norton cleansweap. It analyses the whole program and uninstalls it. It even creates a backup,so if there went anything wrong you can just restore the backup and you are in the same position as you were before the uninstall. I use it all the time to remove any programs. It does a better job than the add/remove feature in windows.

Actually, I use the whole packet of Norton Systemworks to keep my computer in shape. It allows you also to scan for errors and can repair them. It even does a pretty decent job cleaning the registry, while uninstalling programs. So try it, you might like it.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by mojo2185@22 January 2004 - 23:59
    Unfortunately, it does not give me the option to reinstall. I can only modify, repair, or uninstall the program. The installer hangs on all three of the options. I might just have to delete the folder and use a program to remove the registry keys.

Thanks for taking a look
    Yep, do that.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Great, I think I'll give it a try.
    Thanks a lot for all the info!