Thread: Everyone Do This...

First go to the riaa's web site http://www.riaa.com

then click on How to Report under Anti-Piracy

now click on the link for www.cdreward.com

am i the only one who sees a bunch of links to buy blank cds and burners?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ok first off... the RIAA cannot (and will not) go and sue everyone with a CD burner with a couple of CD's. for all they know you could be backing up your computer with those blank CD's. Second, it'll be a waste of time to go after a bunch of small fries like these when they can go after Best Buy, CompUSA, Circut City, all the Chain stores which sell those things. its a waste of time for the record industry to go after that kind of shit when they can sue almost EVERY GODDAMN AVERAGE JANE AND JOE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by wienerschnitzel@27 January 2004 - 07:11
    am i the only one who sees a bunch of links to buy blank cds and burners?
    No I see it too. Well I guess that kinda makes sense.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by bryanskrantz@27 January 2004 - 11:22
    ok first off... the RIAA cannot (and will not) go and sue everyone with a CD burner with a couple of CD's. for all they know you could be backing up your computer with those blank CD's. Second, it'll be a waste of time to go after a bunch of small fries like these when they can go after Best Buy, CompUSA, Circut City, all the Chain storeswhich sell those things. its a waste of time for the record industry to go after that kind of shit when they can sue almost EVERY GODDAMN AVERAGE JANE AND JOE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!
    Actually I think they would go for the manufacturer rather than the retailer.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    This made me laugh out loud !!!

Consistency is clearly not one of RIAA's strong points, is it?!

It reminds me of the time when AOL (whose owner Time Warner is a member of RIAA and MPAA) had a advert in one of the UK's national newspapers, saying that if people sign up to AOL broadband, you can get faster music/film downloads !!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by bryanskrantz@27 January 2004 - 06:22
    ok first off... the RIAA cannot (and will not) go and sue everyone with a CD burner with a couple of CD's. for all they know you could be backing up your computer with those blank CD's. Second, it'll be a waste of time to go after a bunch of small fries like these when they can go after Best Buy, CompUSA, Circut City, all the Chain stores which sell those things. its a waste of time for the record industry to go after that kind of shit when they can sue almost EVERY GODDAMN AVERAGE JANE AND JOE IN THE COUNTRY!!!!
    I not saying what the riaa should or should not do, i just think this is really ironic