Thread: Soon Ordering These Parts

i have about $220-$230 to spend for upgrades for my computer. i need 4 case fans, a new gfx card, another stick of memory, and a new hd. and heres is what i came up with:

(4x) Speeze 80mm fan
    28dba
    31cfm
    $1.90 each
    (1x) Western Digital 40GB 7200rpm
    $52.00
    (1x) Kingston ValueRAM 256mb ddr333
    cas2.5
    $39.00
    (1x) Nvidia Geforce FX5600 128mb agp8x
    NOT SE VERSION!!!!
    $97

Im ordering from www.newegg.com
    is there anything i should change? i cant afford much more, the prices along with shipping for the above items comes to about $210 altogether.

i already have 1 stick of the valueram memory, and it runs at 400mhz 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7. and its rated for 2.5-4-4-8 at 333. so its damn good memory, and the fans have a 5 star rating from everybody who voted. the gfx card is extremely cheap and rated highly by everyone. and the hard drive is fast, and rated highly by everyone. if ya'all can find a better price for all those items together then let me know. if anybody ras any recomendations on stuff to change also let me know. cuz i havnt ordered yet, and won't be until next friday or saturday.

Edit- ive added 2 more things to my list of stuff to order:
    Microsoft Intellimouse explorer v1.1 (the 3.0 is to expensive) 5x button optical wheel mouse
    and 2 round ide cables so i can hopefully improve my case airflow a little better. and maybe get my temps lower.

that brings the price up by about $25-$30, which puts me right at my budget. but i have to babysit this weekend so i'll have an extra $20 or so to throw around with better/ more parts.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Looks good

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I think you can find a cheaper 40Gig HDD, not sure tho

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i havnt been able to find a decent one for any cheaper, decent as in. name brand, 7200rpm, ata100. i wont go generic for most any parts, espeically something as important as the hard drive. case fans and really simple/cheap (cable...) stuff is all ill go generic with. if u can find a good name brand, 7200rpm, ata100 hard drive for less then $52 (USD) and it has the rest of the items listed for the same/ less price ill order from there.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@22 January 2004 - 22:55
    i havnt been able to find a decent one for any cheaper, decent as in. name brand, 7200rpm, ata100. i wont go generic for most any parts, espeically something as important as the hard drive. case fans and really simple/cheap (cable...) stuff is all ill go generic with. if u can find a good name brand, 7200rpm, ata100 hard drive for less then $52 (USD) and it has the rest of the items listed for the same/ less price ill order from there.

Check best buy etc. for Rebate stuff.

Im going to surf on over there and a few other places and see what they are offering.