Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Cooling

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well, the bathroom has the brightest light ( although it makes everthing look brown instead of black...) and it had a mirror.

More pics later today I hope, I want to get the PSU done and mounted.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    Great job see you got some of those ionic filters eh hehehe

They work like a charm, I applaud your efforts please continue with all due haste and supiorer craftsmanship!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    BANNED
    Ah cool you're doing it the way I thought you were. Nice job, man. Keep it up B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    That thing will be louud...but coool..looks awesome
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    who cares if you can hear lol just so it is as cool as my bare ass in winter...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I look forward to your documenting the "Dual-Mode PC/FAB/EVAC/SCRUB Facility" you have constructed, sir.

Does it have a solid-core entry door, or just hollow-core?

Please resist the "blue plexi" treatment for the door; you might also consider mounting any spare fans in the ceiling to help remove the air no doubt befouled by adjunct activities in your new workroom.

Pretty impressive, buddy-no shit!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'm back!

As per usual with any of my major projects, this one took a left turn this morning as I quaffed my morning coffee.
    Keep in mind that the mechanical work that I'm doing now is only part one, it's all leading up to a big cosmetic change at the end.
    So I have to be planning ahead for that at the same time that I'm occupied mounting fans, relocating the PSU, etc.

Anyway, it occurred to me that, even though stage two involves cladding most of the interior with blue mirrored plexi, there would still be some areas of the case interior exposed, and they would probably look better if they were black.
    As we have a snow storm moving in tomorrow, today was my last chance for a while to do some painting, so that's how I spent the better part of my day.
    So, out come all of the fans that I installed and Sprocket was destickered and cleaned and given a coat ( well, several actually) of semi-gloss black paint.
    I like semi-gloss because it is so much more forgiving than high gloss black, which will show every single flaw/dust speck/ripple.
    Plus, it dries quickly.
    After the appropriate amount of time ( to be honest I pushed it a little) I brought her in, still reeking of paint ( one advantage of living alone) and began reassembly.
    This time it took 3 times longer as I was careful not to mar the virgin paintjob...which is semi-humorous as 99% of it will end up covered anyway.
    If I do say so myself, it looks the cat's meow.

Sorry, no pics yet...I was in a hurry to get her back up and running, even though the PSU isn't done yet. I'm running her on my spare/test PSU...I was very curious to see how all the uberfans were going to work.
    Astounding.

Admittedly the window side panel can't be completely closed as the power leads are snaking in there, but it's mostly enclosed so the results aren't terribly off the mark.
    After 1 hour Folding (100% CPU usage) I am sitting at case 21C, motherboard and HDD 22C, socket 24C and diode 26C. This is a 9 degree drop!
    Sprocket is admittedly noisier than she was before...it's hard to tell exactly, as my test PSU is very noisy/whiny, so that will go away after my real PSU is done.
    The new fans have a totally different pitch than I'm used to hearing...I guess a good description would be the sound that the wind makes in a large cavern...anyway much lower pitched than my 80mm guys were producing.
    I'll nmeed to experiment with a different speed control device...my light dimmer switch won't get all the fans spinning up till it's about 1/3 through it's range. I also may oil the fans and see if that will help.

I checked the manufacturers website while the paint was drying.
    My fans are made by Comair Rotron. They are Muffin-XLs, model mx2b1. They put out 92-108 CFM.
    I'm running five of these bad boys. They'll probably suck the traces off my motherboard.

Pics in the AM, I'm bushed and just feel like hanging out tonight.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Sounds good, i cant wait for the pic B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    BANNED
    Lol wind in a cavern.

What I'm interested in is how the side panel isn't fitting

Tell Sprocket to suck up and let you slide in

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    clocker should make his own website and like put pics of his projects and talk about it and stuff, pros and cons about it....

stuff tht went wrong...

ppl would learn and have fun
    edit: typo

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast