Thread: Corrupted File Fixer Help

Ok noob talking so be prepared to be patient!!! :helpsmile:

I downloaded some movies....
    [tmd]the.lord.of.the.rings.return.of.the.king.(esoteric).ts.(2of3).avi
    The other two in the set work fine but this one does not. While downloading I used AVI preview to check if it was ok and the right film and it was, everything was going smoothly. When I finished I opned it and it didnt work, the error in the topic title came up. So I went and got KCF to fix this "corrupted" file. I went and fixed it and once again there was this error. Therefore I went to G-spot to see if I had the Codec's and it showed that there was a bad file chunk in the frame data. So I need to redownload this section. Does anyone know any better corrupted file fixer? How do I determine the corrupted file section?

THANKS

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    KCF works very well and is quite easy to use with movies, you will need 'Filemon' (a free file monitor)

play the movie and as it hits the bad patch pause filemon, subtract 2MB from filemon and also add 2MB, this gives you a 4MB window where the bad frame is, use these figures for KCF
    Filemon available here

a completely different approach would be to cut the bad frame(s) out, you can do this using 'VirtualDub'
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/153907.php

hope this helps

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    just in case you haven't seen Dr Spuds KCF webpage for instructions and info, here it is
    http://www.geocities.com/drspud11/

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Thanks, I went through all of that and tried each one of those things. When I send it through Virtual DubMod it runs extremely slow and comes up with some errors saying something or other, I wont waste anyone elses time and just download another copy with a different name, its just a pain in the butt to deal with so many errors, one after the other.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    if you just want to play it without burning or converting, have you tried 'VideoLan'
    it can sometimes play through errors
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by hebronsb@23 January 2004 - 06:41
    Ok noob talking so be prepared to be patient!!! :helpsmile:

I downloaded some movies....
    [tmd]the.lord.of.the.rings.return.of.the.king.(esoteric).ts.(2of3).avi
    The other two in the set work fine but this one does not. While downloading I used AVI preview to check if it was ok and the right film and it was, everything was going smoothly. When I finished I opned it and it didnt work, the error in the topic title came up. So I went and got KCF to fix this "corrupted" file. I went and fixed it and once again there was this error. Therefore I went to G-spot to see if I had the Codec's and it showed that there was a bad file chunk in the frame data. So I need to redownload this section. Does anyone know any better corrupted file fixer? How do I determine the corrupted file section?

THANKS
    try videofixer
    Robert00000