Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather Watcher

Thanks Shareholder. What I mean is how to add and remove icons in quick launch window and changing news to UK in preference to cnn. Is this possible?
    This may be obvious to somepeople but not me I'm afraid.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Right click on the sidebar then you must see something like add more pannels, i say ''something'' because i have the italian version and is hard for me to explain and translate.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by sharedholder@23 January 2004 - 19:35
    I don't know i'm using Desktop Sidebar and its cool, i see the screenshots of the SmartBar XP and i think is the same thing , even the control panel is the same.
    The reason I ask is because SmartBarXP constantly uses 200MB of my 256MB of RAM, and bugs out on the odd occasion for no good reason.

If Desktop Sidebar behaves better and isn't as resource hungry, then I'll give it a try.

Back on topic, I just installed Weather Watch...damn... sweet proggy SH.
    Only took a few minutes to config and It even found my little no-account hometown in Australia in 5 second flat. B)

Edit: Typo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    BANNED
    SH.... I assume the Weather Watcher doesn't have info on temps in Guatemala, does it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    I really don't have ideea , for the moment i stick with DesktopSidebar, try to ask uNz[i].

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Downloading now SH.

DWk - Weather watch uses info from weather.com.

Edit: Just checked for Guatemala... not listed, sorry.
    I'm rather surprised by that.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by uNz[i
    I don't know i'm using Desktop Sidebar and its cool, i see the screenshots of the SmartBar XP and i think is the same thing , even the control panel is the same.
    The reason I ask is because SmartBarXP constantly uses 200MB of my 256MB of RAM, and bugs out on the odd occasion for no good reason.

If Desktop Sidebar behaves better and isn't as resource hungry, then I'll give it a try.

Back on topic, I just installed Weather Watch...damn... sweet proggy SH.
    Only took a few minutes to config and It even found my little no-account hometown in Australia in 5 second flat. B)

Edit: Typo[/b][/quote]
    There all resource hogs. Not that giving away precious resources is a problem for me or my boxes, but I find it more simple and convenient to just run task manager.

The only reason I would run any of thoose is to monitor my system (ram, cpu, net-in or out, disk drive usage etc.) And it has most of that but its the other crap I dont need.

Btw, it usually runs about 50,000 kb on my box. Thats more than firebird and explorer.exe (windows shell) put together.

So I had to let it go. You know how that goes...........give a program 50,000 kb today and it will be using 100,000 kb tommorrow. Ive seen it happen :

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Well SmartBarXP is still in the beta stages, so Sidebar will probably be better as they have final stable builds available.

If it misbehaves like SmartBarXP, they're both history.
    I'm just messing about trying apps before an upcoming reformat anyway, so.. nothing to lose

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by uNz[i
    ,23 January 2004 - 07:36]Well SmartBarXP is still in the beta stages, so Sidebar will probably be better  as they have final stable builds available.

If it misbehaves like SmartBarXP, they're both history.
    I'm just messing about trying apps before an upcoming reformat anyway, so.. nothing to lose
    Lol...........use em and abuse em.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast