Thread: Force To Recognize As Mirror?

I've often seen several downloads that are actually the same file (same size, same preview), but are not recognised as such because one of the users has renamed the file.
    (This can happen unintentionally by burning the file on a CD so spaces in the filename are converted to underscores.)

This means that you have 2 sepparate downloads in stead of 1 single download at double speed!!!

Is there a way to force KazaaLite to recognise the renamed file as a mirror?

TIA

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by neevok@23 January 2004 - 09:19
    I've often seen several downloads that are actually the same file (same size, same preview), but are not recognised as such because one of the users has renamed the file.
    (This can happen unintentionally by burning the file on a CD so spaces in the filename are converted to underscores.)

This means that you have 2 sepparate downloads in stead of 1 single download at double speed!!!

TIA
    are they the same size???

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by neevok@23 January 2004 - 06:19

TIA
    the hashes of the files are different....they arent really the "same" file.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    In some cases I've downloaded both files. They are the same file! Same size, same properties, date, characteristics etc. Only a (slight) difference in file name.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by neevok@24 January 2004 - 12:20
    In some cases I've downloaded both files. They are the same file! Same size, same properties, date, characteristics etc. Only a (slight) difference in file name.
    just because everything is the same doesnt mean that the hashes are. there may be a small difference between the files, such as a few bits difference in the size. this will make the files appear to be different to kazaa lite (and just about any other application that can check signatures as well).

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    So if I would make a copy of a shared file, renamed it and shared both copies Kazaa would share them as 2 sepparate files?