Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lesbian Has Baby With

Its magic baby!
    By Nigel Bunyan
    (Filed: 23/01/2004)

A lesbian has given birth to one of the first babies in Britain to be conceived using sperm bought on the internet.

Jaime Saphier, 26, and her partner, Sarah Watkinson, 31, paid £1,365 for the sperm that was delivered to the door of their red-brick terrace in Bootle, Liverpool.

Miss Saphier remained in a local hospital yesterday after having her 6lb 8oz son delivered by caesarean section. Both were doing well.

The couple approached Man Not Included after their GP refused to help them. They initially paid an £80 registration fee that entitled them to three donor searches on what the company claims to be a global donor database.

The rest of the money went on a "premium service" that included an "introduction" to their chosen donor sperm and a full medical screening of the man who provided it.

Miss Saphier, a security officer, had asked for a donor who was "quite tall" and with brown hair and blue eyes. She and her partner looked at the profiles of two men but opted for the baby's father "because he had been with Bupa for three years".

The fee they paid to Man Not Included allows them to have other children from the same biological father.

Miss Saphier's mother, Susan, of Fazakerley, Liverpool, said she was thrilled to be a grandmother.

"Jaime went into hospital on Monday but the baby failed to arrive. The doctors were so concerned they decided to perform an emergency caesarean.

"Jaime said to me, 'I can't believe I'm a mum'. I told her I loved her and felt proud she was a mother.

"The baby is beautiful and it felt wonderful to be holding him for the first time. He is gorgeous, with tiny hands and fingers. He's perfect and I am thrilled to be his nan."

Shortly after news of her pregnancy emerged, Miss Saphier said: "I think everybody's got the right to have a child, as long as they love it. As long as our child does not want for anything, I can't see how it is wrong.

"I've always wanted a baby but I'd resigned myself to not having one because of my sexuality. Then we saw this website. I would have done this even if it had cost £10,000."

Man Not Included was launched in July 2002 as the world's first sperm donor service designed to help lesbians become parents.

Sperm donations are made through one of a network of established clinics and then sent to the recipients. Donors are paid expenses only.

John Gonzalez, the service's founder, said the baby was the website's second to a single-sex couple. "These births are very, very important to us. It is like welcoming a child into your own family."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is love the only thing to take into consideration when having a baby. Do fathers play an essential part in a childs life.

Personally i don't like the idea of something as sacred as child birth being up for sale, if they make the choice to take a same sex partner, they would have to accept thier choice and recognise that having a child is in accessable to them. However, now another option is open, the internet and sperm for sale. I'm not saying i think it is wrong to have a baby if youre in a same sex relationship, i'm just not sure i like the idea of being able to bye a baby, this topic also relates to the concept of designer babies.

More info. on designer babies.
    Wiz.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The rules are changing in the UK.

When the child reaches 18, they will be able to contact the Biological Father if they wish.

As long as the boy is happy, i have no problems with this process.....however children are evil sometimes (as any parent or teacher will tell you). What crap will this child have in school?

On saying that: The world today is a different place from just a few years ago...by the time the lad is at school, maybe it wont be "Different" enough that they get bullied....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    just a point on the children / bully bit. Do you not think that it's not so much the children themselves seeing something different ,rather the way some parents teach them that different is bad.
    Sperm donation and the ability to buy it is not new but the internet has made the awareness and process faster.
    I have no problem with someone getting pregnant via insemination for whatever the reason that it is neccesary providing that person is financially able to raise the resulting child.
    I do not believe either that a child with same sex parents will grow up to be homosexual.....ALL homosexuals are the result of sex /insemination between a man and woman and nearly all homosexuals were raised in a hetrosexual enviroment.
    As to the designer baby issue is it that the customer chooses the type of man from which the sperm comes? because in our own way we all decide on that (well women do ) when they choose their mate

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I just had to laugh, looking at the forums,World news, funny stuff and the lounge, I read Lesbian has baby with Rat_Faced...

Edit: Oops now the lesbian has a baby with nigel123..lol...anyone else?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by nigel123@23 January 2004 - 18:49
    I just had to laugh, looking at the forums,World news, funny stuff and the lounge, I read Lesbian has baby with Rat_Faced...

Edit: Oops now the lesbian has a baby with nigel123..lol...anyone else?

darn now it's me.......don't tell my wife

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Good for them.

It may be evil on the child though, at school like someone said above.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    A very Good Friend of mine (girl) turned Lesbian a few years ago -
    the couple asked me if i could be on "standby" to donate sperm if they ever wanted a kid - i said sure no problem
    I told my last and present girlfriend about this and they both Violently Objected - screaming about responsibilities and consequences...they have a point but they are my friends.
    What would you say?

(i also asked the lovers how this would be done- they said something about ejaculating in a spoon- and immediatly putting it in your armpit to keep the right temperature)

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@23 January 2004 - 19:49
    A very Good Friend of mine (girl) turned Lesbian a few years ago -
    the couple asked me if i could be on "standby" to donate sperm if they ever wanted a kid - i said sure no problem
    I told my last and present girlfriend about this and they both Violently Objected - screaming about responsibilities and consequences...they have a point but they are my friends.
    What would you say?

(i also asked the lovers how this would be done- they said something about ejaculating in a spoon- and immediatly putting it in your armpit to keep the right temperature)
    Personally i would object to doing this because in my mind thats not how a baby should be brought into the world, yes it is possible but is it right. I think that both the female and the male play neccesary roles in the childs upbringing, of course it is not always possible for that to be the case e.g. single parent families, but that is mostly not through choice, either the man/woman leaves/dies or its a abusive marrige.

The issue for me is whether artifial insemination is correct, its definetly not natural, but is natures law something that should be followed like a set of morals. If so is science immoral, if not what does the future hold and at what point do you say stop thats enough (e.g. cloning both animals and humans).
    Wiz.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by vidcc@23 January 2004 - 18:46
    just a point on the children / bully bit. Do you not think that it's not so much the children themselves seeing something different ,rather the way some parents teach them that different is bad.
    Sperm donation and the ability to buy it is not new but the internet has made the awareness and process faster.
    I have no problem with someone getting pregnant via insemination for whatever the reason that it is neccesary providing that person is financially able to raise the resulting child.
    I do not believe either that a child with same sex parents will grow up to be homosexual.....ALL homosexuals are the result of sex /insemination between a man and woman and nearly all homosexuals were raised in a hetrosexual enviroment.
    As to the designer baby issue is it that the customer chooses the type of man from which the sperm comes? because in our own way we all decide on that (well women do ) when they choose their mate
    I agree; there is nothing wrong with it on any ethical or moral grounds, as far as im concerned, i hope they are all very happy

However anyone that is preceived as "Different" on the playground is in for hastle from the school bullies...I just hope that this isnt the case for the young lad.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    I just hope he doesn't become a lesbian.

Environmental conditioning is a strong force.

He could end up sleeping with women if they aren't careful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast