Thread: Slow Downloads

Chronicbud
    I have a pretty new and fast computer and I have a fast connection. I think it is ethernet that the campus has. My downloads used to go fast but now they don't go above .5Kb/s. This has happened ever since I left on winter break from school. No matter who I download from or the song or movie that I select from a person that has a high bandwidth it still goes really slow when it used to go between 1-20 Kb/s at least sometimes higher. I don't know why it is going so slow now and it also won't download from the normal 2200 port that it has in the port option to use automatically. When I first came back from break I couldn't even search or download so I tried reinstalling k light and it works now but goes so slow and that port doesn't seem to let me download. I don't know if it is the normal port I used to use but it doesn't work so I clicked on the option use port 80 as an alternative but it still goes slow. And even if I use more sources it still goes slow. If anybody knows how to fix this please help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    ok first of all:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

now that we know the search window don't mean crap lets move on, you school my have caped the connection do a test

please do a test,search for van halen?s right now and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

let me know what you get

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 January 2004 - 21:32
    ok first of all:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

now that we know the search window don't mean crap lets move on, you school my have caped the connection do a test

please do a test,search for van halen?s right now and wait untill you get 30 or more sources and then pick for download and tell me what you get make sure your traffic is paused or clean

let me know what you get
    good post