Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadband Connection

muchspl2
    really, your Full speed always.
    alright, but news groups seem to be the fastest, then irc, then bittorrent.
    but your right about it depending on sources ESP with bittorrent and kazaa/emule.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    b4icu's Avatar Greater Demon
    all else fails patience suceeds. waited on some star trek ds9 video (~332 mb) for almost 2 months. yet, had some movies (non TMB, etc. screeners) d/l overnight. the prior posts outline the journey to fast downloading much better than i can advise, yet there are ways in kazaa to increase speed. read portions of the FAQ and search for posts in this forum board for help. would help you more, but I am lazy and drunk. cheers
    Never miss a good chance to shut up

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    well on KAZAALITE i got a film in 6hrs, and i on the same connection. But that was like 2 years ago now. If you want a film now it has to have 5 users plus on here or speed will be shite at 1 to 5 kb. if i want a film now i get it on DC++ because i know i will get it much much faster than on kazaalite. Must be a year or so since i download one on kazaalite now.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Realmco@23 January 2004 - 22:10
    I am downloading as well as uploading using a broadband 500mb connection. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how long a movie should take to download. My download speed is rubbish. I have tried doing manual search and then autosearch more. Download speeds are 1.9 -5kbs.
    1-5 k. thats appauling. when you do a search always download the file that has the most sources and highest bandwidth.

i never download any movie that doesnt give me at least half my max bandwidth.
    Robert00000

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    k-lite still has some movies but its like a overall thing for k-lite which makes k-lite a good program but for movies i use mirc and bittorent, just trying to learn that newsgroup crap but its hard .

btw mirc cheers 10

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    fasted I ever got a movie(approx 700mb) was 40 hours, and that was at full speed, so why are you bitching about poor speeds, there a whole lot better than what I can get.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Originally posted by justin89@28 January 2004 - 01:50
    fasted I ever got a movie(approx 700mb) was 40 hours, and that was at full speed, so why are you bitching about poor speeds, there a whole lot better than what I can get.
    So what you got dial up and that sucks, but people who have broadband expect better speeds that why you get it in the first place

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by junkyardking+28 January 2004 - 02:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 28 January 2004 - 02:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-justin89@28 January 2004 - 01:50
    So what you got dial up and that sucks, but people who have broadband expect better speeds that why you get it in the first place [/b][/quote]
    Yep, we&#39;re paying enough money for broadband so should get better speeds. It took me 30 hours to download LOTR - Return of the King (1.9 gig) off bittorrent .
    Robert00000

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    500mb? thats a oc3 or something.. not broadband. Fastest i ever got was actually off kazaa. I think it was the matrix... had a bizzilion sources. downloaded it in under 2 hours.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12