Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox Soft-Mod Tutorial

you need action replay to get the save to load the program TO ftp

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@25 January 2004 - 03:05
    My Xbox dash version is 5969 (or was it 5659).

So, from what I've learned at the Xbox Scene Forums, in order to downgrade to 4920, I have to find the 4920 files (xboxdas.xbe, xodash, and xboxdashdata) and replace my current Xbox dash files with those. Correct?

But how would I connect to my Xbox to replace the files? I have an unmodded Xbox, strait out of the box, I can't FTP the files to it can I?

The members over there said to use Agent Under Fire to FTP the 4920 files into my Xbox. But I thought I needed the 4920 files to FTP in the first place...

Ok I probably didnt describe the whole Audio Hack correctly so here goes....
    'Mordens Audio Hack' comes in 2 parts...
    the 1st part being the 007 Gamesave (BondSave) all this does is let u hack into the Xbox and then yes you can FTP stuff to and from your PC to Box.
    the 2nd part is the actual Audio Exploit itself (Mordens) which when installed onto a 4920 Dashboard, will allow you to run Unsigned Code (eg. Backup games, apps...etc....) without the actual exploit in place u aint runnin' shit!!!
    But Krackhead, like I have said previous have a really good read through the Forums at XboxScene and get some good advice about downgrading ya dash to 4920....I dont want you to end up with a non-booting Xbox

Sorry that last line sounded a little ominous...I saw on the Forum there that u have an excellent knowledge of PC's, so you will have no probs...I would normally give a warning to some schoolkid who does'nt know his arse from his elbow!?!
    I got Booted from Xbox Scene Forum...Proud??...You Betcha!!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@25 January 2004 - 03:38
    i got vers 1.1 and i wanna ftp it, do i need action relay or can i just do it wit the ftp and nothin else?
    No...Like StoneCold pointed out you still need Everything included in the Tutorial to FTP into your Xbox-
    Xbox
    Action Replay
    MS Memory Card
    Agent Under Fire
    Ethernet Card
    Crossover Cable......

Due to the fact that u need the Action Replay/MS memory card to get the Gamesave onto your Xbox...which in turn crashes your Xbox..and then lets you FTP into it...

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Now, just a couple of questions:

1. How do I copy games that I own into the HD? I'm guessing I put it into my Xbox, FTP it from D: to my PC, and then from my PC to E:?
    2. Approximately how many games can I store on the 8GB HD?
    3. Will I be able to rip audio CDs after softmodding my Xbox?
    4. How exactly would I get to the MXM dash later on? Do I have to load the save from Agent Under Fire each time?
    5. Can't I use the card that comes with the Action Replay, I don't want to buy a seperate MS card, I'm cheap.
    6. In the future, can I remove the exploit and everything that I did? Like an "un-install"
    7. Where are the dash files I need to replace? (xboxdas.xbe, xodash, and xboxdashdata)

You can already tell people have to be specific with me at these things, I'm afraid I'll break something here. Like I said, I'm a total noob to Xbox modding.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@25 January 2004 - 21:37
    Now, just a couple of questions:

1. How do I copy games that I own into the HD? I'm guessing I put it into my Xbox, FTP it from D: to my PC, and then from my PC to E:?
    2. Approximately how many games can I store on the 8GB HD?
    3. Will I be able to rip audio CDs after softmodding my Xbox?
    4. How exactly would I get to the MXM dash later on? Do I have to load the save from Agent Under Fire each time?
    5. Can't I use the card that comes with the Action Replay, I don't want to buy a seperate MS card, I'm cheap.
    6. In the future, can I remove the exploit and everything that I did? Like an "un-install"
    7. Where are the dash files I need to replace? (xboxdas.xbe, xodash, and xboxdashdata)

You can already tell people have to be specific with me at these things, I'm afraid I'll break something here. Like I said, I'm a total noob to Xbox modding.
    Krackhead I have been here myself m8...worrying at first if I could seriously f**k up my Xbox, and that is why i posted up a Tut for the Audio hack as opposed to the Font hack (Bert&Ernie/Bert&Ernie Reloaded.etc..) because people have had a hell of a lot of trouble with these (clock loops/xbox resetting)...the Audio hack really is Foolproof and a cinch to use.... In reply to your questions...

1. After installing 'Mordens' audio hack...You have 2 options..
    Option 1, If u want to install a game you downloaded from the Net, you can FTP that game from your PC to the Xbox and put that game into e:games.
    Or..
    Option 2, If u have a game you already own, you need to install to your Xbox an excellent program called 'DVD2Xbox'...Which you can then use to Rip games from the (D) drive to your Xbox hardrive (Put them onto (E) drive also).

You can do it the way you described (using CUTE FTP)...but its a pretty longwinded way to do it (D to PC to E)....Stick to Option 2 above m8!!!

2. Firstly I'll break down that 8GB drive for you......You have around 1gig on © drive...5gig on (E) drive and if you can Format it (some Xbox drives wont let you) 2gig on (F) drive......1+5+2=8.
    So you have 5gig to play with on (E) and if you can Format it, another 2gig on (F).......So this is where you are better installing GameRips off the Net, as u can add a few more games than Full versions.

Me personally I have on (E) -
    XboyAdvance (GBA emulator with about 20 games)
    Deus Ex - Invisible War
    Fatal Frame
    Xbox Media Centre
    DVD Region X
    DVD2Xbox
    and on (F) -
    GTA - Vice City.

3.Yep you can still Rip audio Cds after installing the Audio hack

4. You have 3 ways of doing this (after you have installed the Exploit)...
    Option 1 - You boot up your Xbox with an Audio CD in the tray and do the Button Combo as described in 'Mordens' Readme.
    Option 2 - You boot up your Xbox with No Audio CD and do the other Button Combo as described in 'Mordens' Readme.
    Option 3- You can make MXM your Default Dashboard..So as soon as you Power up it boots to MXM (seek further advice on this though)
    So no u dont need to do the 007 Gamesave everytime...that is only used once so you can actually access MXM.

5. NO!!! The Action Replay cards suck bigtime!! They somehow corrupt the Gamesave...And you will always get the Error21 screen on your Xbox..I tried the AR card around 15 times..No luck! Went and bought the Microsoft Memory Card..and it worked first time!
    If u dont want to shell out much more money..I have heard of the Madkatz Memory cards working just as well (and they are cheaper).

6.Yep! In MXM you will see a Menu item 'Audio Package'...Just goto that..goto Uninstall package...and your Xbox is back to how it was! And if u want a totally clean system (games/apps u installed) remove those first by FTP.

7. The Dash files are all located in the © drive of your Xbox...I have a full copy of my Xbox © (including the 4920 Dash) drive on an FTP server..PM me if you want the address....BUT ask for further advice before u go adding this Dash!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now all I need are the dash files, and Mordens_Audio_hack_007_V3.rar (I can't find this anywhere&#33. Last 2 questions:

1. I don't have Agent Under Fire, but I heard you can do this with MechAssualt, is that true?
    2. I'm guessing the 4920 dash is the one without the "Xbox Live" tab. If I downgrade to 4920, and then try to place an Xbox Live game, won't it automatically upgrade to 5659 again?

Thanks again for everything so far.

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    yeah it works with mechassualt also

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@26 January 2004 - 01:05
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now all I need are the dash files, and Mordens_Audio_hack_007_V3.rar (I can't find this anywhere&#33. Last 2 questions:

1. I don't have Agent Under Fire, but I heard you can do this with MechAssualt, is that true?
    2. I'm guessing the 4920 dash is the one without the "Xbox Live" tab. If I downgrade to 4920, and then try to place an Xbox Live game, won't it automatically upgrade to 5659 again?

Thanks again for everything so far.
    PM me and ill give you the Audio Hack...

1. Yes u can use Mechassault and im pretty sure there is a 'Mordens Audio Hack mechassault' floating about someplace!!!
    2.The 4920 Dash is supplied with any Live1.0 enabled game (ie, Mechassault, Star Wars KOTOR)..NOT any recent games (ie XIII, Crimson skies) they come supplied with Live2.0..You Do not want that!!!
    Xbox games will not automatically upgrade your dash...Your Dash will only get upgraded if you press on the Live button from within a game and connect to Live..So dont worry!

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    Poster
    Thanks for the guide. I have a few questions though.

1. Do I need X-box Live?
    2. I don't have a X-box yet but I am thinking about getting one. What advantages does this has over buying a mod-chip? and what's the best chip?

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by stupidguy@1 February 2004 - 08:50
    Thanks for the guide. I have a few questions though.

1. Do I need X-box Live?
    2. I don't have a X-box yet but I am thinking about getting one. What advantages does this has over buying a mod-chip? and what's the best chip?
    No advantages over a modchip, apart from you don't have to go playing around inside your Xbox

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast