Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I Need Help As Soon As Possible!

last night, i was having trouble uninstalling a program but i finally got it uninstalled. i also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with. then i restarted my computer, and everything is super slow. i looked in task manager and my cpu usage was at 100%
    svchost.exe was using 99% of the conputer and system idle process was using nothing. i though i must have deleted some important registry entries so i used the backup file and added all the deleted ones back in and rebooted. however that did not help. nothing changed in my computer. IExplorer kept crashing an when i tried to open IE or My Computer a message popped up saying "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
    so i added the registry entries again nothing changed, and turned off my computer.
    This morning, svchost.exe is not using any of the cpu and my computer appears to be normal, however, i still get "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
    i did a scan with ad-aware and it only found trackign cookies.
    can anyone help me?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Last night, i was having trouble uninstalling a program.
    But i finally got it uninstalled. I also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with.
    Then i restarted my computer, and everything is super slow.
    I looked in task manager and my cpu usage was at 100% svchost.exe was using 99% of the conputer.
    And system idle process was using nothing. i though i must have deleted some important registry entries so i used the backup
    file and added all the deleted ones back in and rebooted.

However that did not help. Nothing changed in my computer.
    IExplorer kept crashing and when i tried to open IE or My Computer a message popped up saying "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
    So i added the registry entries again nothing changed, and turned off my computer.
    This morning, svchost.exe is not using any of the cpu and my computer appears to be normal, however, i still get "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL".
    I did a scan with ad-aware and it only found trackign cookies.

Can anyone help me?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry man.. i just made a edit so it was a bit more easy to read....

Hope it helps.. (i don't know what the problem is though)
    This is a great board. Just wait for the solving answer.

Rocky

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:19
    last night, i was having trouble uninstalling a program but i finally got it uninstalled. i also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with. then i restarted my computer, and everything is super slow. i looked in task manager and my cpu usage was at 100%
    svchost.exe was using 99% of the conputer and system idle process was using nothing. i though i must have deleted some important registry entries so i used the backup file and added all the deleted ones back in and rebooted. however that did not help. nothing changed in my computer. IExplorer kept crashing an when i tried to open IE or My Computer a message popped up saying "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
    so i added the registry entries again nothing changed, and turned off my computer.
    This morning, svchost.exe is not using any of the cpu and my computer appears to be normal, however, i still get "Error: Failed to Load Resource DLL"
    i did a scan with ad-aware and it only found trackign cookies.
    can anyone help me?
    theres not much you can do if you restored the backup that was created. regseeker is still beta software. for this reason, the results you got from using it should be expected. it is probably the worst reg cleaner i have ever come across. my best suggestion is to use a stable reg cleaner. im sure if you search softwareworld, youll come across several suggestions for regcleaners. as far as the system problem youre having....unless you can find out the registry keys and values that were deleted or changed to cause the problem, you may need to do a repair installation of windows to fix the problem. you may wish to contact the programmer to ask if they know a solution to this problem. you may avoid having to reinstall windows if they have come across this already and know how to fix it. just a note....from now on, be very careful with beta software. beta software's main purpose is for testing to eliminate problems like the one youre having.

edit: you can contact them at
    Code:
    regseeker at hoverdesk dot net

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i had no idea regseeker was beta software and i have only heard good things about it on this board. anyway, i added the back up to the registry again. why woudl it sill be messed up?
    and also, im not even sure that the problem is from the registry cleaner. It could be anything.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by ninjamonkey@24 January 2004 - 12:55
    i had no idea regseeker was beta software and i have only heard good things about it on this board. anyway, i added the back up to the registry again. why woudl it sill be messed up?
    and also, im not even sure that the problem is from the registry cleaner. It could be anything.
    it is the regcleaner that caused the problem. it did the same thing to me....but my backup worked. im not sure why yours didnt. i used an older beta version...so if youre using the newest beta, something may have been changed that will cause the backup not to work. try contacting them....im sure they have had many complaints about this specific issue. and it may be a good regcleaner....except it finds all problems that may exist in the registry, but you have to manually choose the ones which may still be important to the system so that it doesnt delete them. just for that it gets my disapproval. any good regcleaner should filter known things that are important by default.

p.s...here is the default exclusion list for regseeker.....
    Code:
    # RegSeeker Exclusion List (Registry Cleaner)

# RegSeeker copyright 2002-2003 - Hover Inc.
    # All rights reserved
    # Hover Inc. website : http://www.hoverdesk.net
    # RegSeeker website : http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

# To add an element, please follow the rules below :
    # 0 = HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    # 1 = HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    # 2 = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    # 3 = HKEY_USERS
    # Examples :
    # To exclude the key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/MyApp
    # simply add the line : 1|Software\MyApp
    # to remove an exclusion, simply put a # in front of it or delete the line

0|.DAT
    0|.hta
    0|.htc
    0|.manifest
    0|Applications\MOZILL~1.EXE
    0|Applications\WINWORD.EXE\TaskbarExceptionsIcons\explorer.exe,16

1|Software\Lexmark
    1|Software\JavaSoft
    1|Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug

2|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\currentVersion\AeDebug
    2|SOFTWARE\lexmark\MarkVision\LexBCE\Debug Options
    2|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\WDM
    2|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\WDM\DREDGE

3|S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    3|S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    3|S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\CreatedLinks
    not very complete is it?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    can't blame it all on regseeker....

Originally posted by Rocktron@24 January 2004 - 11:29
    the app you uninstalled might have removed the said .dll
    i've used regseeker for a while now and never had it do anything remotely
    related to what you experienced B)
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    the app i uninstaleld was a guitar pro 4.0.7 demo.
    maybe i will reinstall it and see if the rror message disappears.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I agree with FKDUP74 the program as gone but the strings are still in the registry or maybe with Xp in the boot ini,what program was it ?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    FST Retiree
    Originally posted by FKDUP74+24 January 2004 - 13:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FKDUP74 &#064; 24 January 2004 - 13:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> can&#39;t blame it all on regseeker....

<!--QuoteBegin-Rocktron
    @24 January 2004 - 11:29
    the app you uninstalled might have removed the said .dll
    i&#39;ve used regseeker for a while now and never had it do anything remotely
    related to what you experienced B) [/b][/quote]
    yeah but i didnt uninstall anything before it did it to me. but you can try reinstalling the app that you unistalled to see if it may be the problem...maybe it was a coincidence between your problem and the one i had in the past. reinstalling the app may replace the file in question and everything could return to normal, or if its a file from the app you uninstalled, try using a different reg cleaner. thats a suggestion, but the reg backup was all i need to fix it before.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Posted at the same time go into the registry and under edit search for the entries of guitar pro .

i also used regseeker and deleted all of the invalid/obselete entries it came up with. then i restarted my computer
    I have just gone over it again you should always reboot before cleaning the registry.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast