Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Needs Refresh

TRshady
    Hey all ...

Ive just discovered Mozilla firebird and find it amazing, making it my default browser already, but, it has pointed out a problem with my site I am unaware of. Ive noticed that when loading some pages, such as the 'free stuff' section, it takes a refresh to display properly otherwise content just runs out of the tables, anyone know why this is happening and how to solve it?

Thanks

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Impressive work there TRShady. I use MyIE2 which works out to be excellent for me. Reason i use is because it is based on IE's rendering engine so most of he sites work. (apart from usual tab interface and awesome plugin's)

You have to check how Firebird handles different html codes. According to that you might need to change few things. But if it displays correctly after refreshing then the code should be right. Maybe its just at your side?

Can anyone else with Firebird confirm this is happening?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    TRshady
    Thanks I.am, I&#39;ll try myIE2, just cant believe I&#39;ve used IE for so long. Really do think the alternatives weren&#39;t worth bothering with. The best example of the problem I&#39;m having is probably

this page and I&#39;d appreciate others who use firebird testing this and telling me whether or not the text runs of the page and how to fix it....

Cheers.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    h1
    Unlike IE, the Firebird engine is based on Gecko, which is fully W3C compliant. If you are getting rendering errors, it is because the webmaster is a poor coder.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    TRshady
    That didn&#39;t help me much, lol ... I asked if the problem is happening to anyone else, whether anyone has a solution, or why it works after a refresh.

Being called a poor coder doesn&#39;t help much

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Your site isnt opening TRshady. I dont think its a problem at coding site as refreshing brings everything in.

ps: Can you post a screenshot when the tables arent aligned and a screenshot after refreshing.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    h1
    Your site displays fine in Firebird, Thunderbird, Konqueror, Opera, Netscape, IE, Lynx, and any other DOM browser.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    TRshady
    Thanks for the replies, and for testing my site Haxor

My site just went down for about 10mins which explains why it didn&#39;t show up, I&#39;ll get some screenshots now .....

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    TRshady
    Here is how a page looks in mozilla:

But after a refresh, everything is displayed right.....

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    nsane's Avatar .
    i had the same prob back in ie4, try using %&#39;s on the table widths, worked for me :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast