Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does Mel Gibson's 'passion' Incite Anti-semitism?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by putty@26 January 2004 - 01:46
    I hope that you'll raise the same hoopla to defend Chileans who are technically as "American" as people from the USA.
    Oh god WTF does that have to do with the price of sliced bread?!!

Oh the semantics of wordplay......like we "United Statesers" prohibited the use of American.
    If someone wants the use of the word American...........

they need a permission slip signed by their parents and turned in to me with a fingerprint form.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Busyman+26 January 2004 - 14:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 26 January 2004 - 14:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-putty@26 January 2004 - 01:46
    I hope that you&#39;ll raise the same hoopla to defend Chileans who are technically as "American" as people from the USA.
    Oh god WTF does that have to do with the price of sliced bread?&#33;&#33;

Oh the semantics of wordplay......like we "United Statesers" prohibited the use of American.
    If someone wants the use of the word American...........

they need a permission slip signed by their parents and turned in to me with a fingerprint form.[/b][/quote]
    Will there be a fee, also, sir?

(Capitalist swine&#33
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Poster
    Slow news day at all chaps.

Could we perhaps discuss the Hutton Report, due out 28th January. It may rock the foundations of the UK Government and even lead to the abdication of HRH Tony the First.

Not very USAian I know, but it is something.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@26 January 2004 - 15:46
    Slow news day at all chaps.

Could we perhaps discuss the Hutton Report, due out 28th January. It may rock the foundations of the UK Government and even lead to the abdication of HRH Tony the First.

Not very USAian I know, but it is something.
    Sounds like a relief to me, JP.

What&#39;s it about?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    It is an enquiry led by Lord Hutton into the death of Doctor Kelly. The weapons advisor who allegedly commited suicide after having been grilled by a parliamentary select committee. He was also the subject of much media attention which he did not want and for which he was not equiped to cope

I watched some of it on television at the time and it was appaling. They treated this man, basically an academic with total contempt and all concerned should be ashamed of themselves. It was small politicians having their moment in the spotlight and caring not one jot about the man who they were mauling to get it.

As I said he ultimately is said to have taken his own life. It is felt by those who knew him, or at least some of them that this was unlikely. There is no question that the way he was treated was a large contributing factor to his death.

However as I understand it the inquiry is also about how he was "outed" as a source of certain material. Hence the select committee interrogation. Did the PM know about this (or indeed authorize it) and the whole sorry state of affairs which led to this mans death.

Some Info

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    It sounds like a true cluster-fuck.

Odd, or perhaps telling, that the Beeb and 10 Downing are more-or-less mum; they must both feel a chance at the existence of a hard-fought vindication.

But then, tactics and rhetoric abound (witness Menzies&#39; statement); the flames must be fanned, eh?

It still seems to me (in the informational vacuum extant) that suicide was a bit extreme.

Is foul play somehow suspected?

Better start a thread, J&#39;Pol.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234