Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In God?

George Jr. Bush
    I only believe in myself and my reerection ...election, sorry.

God bless America and my holy ass.

2. Lounge   -   #132
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    do any of the new members?
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. Lounge   -   #133
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am a free thinker. I will think for you free.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #134
    Gnostic is theword!

5. Lounge   -   #135
    Originally posted by kaiweiler@29 February 2004 - 00:06
    If god exists (which I dont believe he does) where the hell is he? He is not in the sky, no people in planes have seen him, he is not here one earth, as nobody has seen him to prove he is real
    and for those who say he is everywhere, scientists have proven that everything is made up of matter, something made of matter can not occupy the entire earth, and since this is a fact...

where the hell is this guy you people call "god"

Also if god were real I am sure he would not allow churches/religious buildings to be burned to the ground and wars between countries and millions of people dying

And the theory of god making adam, and then adam making eve from a rib is physically impossible. one, how can a human being come from a single bone? two, why would adam get the idea to take out one of his ribs in the first place? three, how did he do so? did he just cut himself open? if so he would most likely blead to death.

Another thing, religious people are against incest, yet they believe the entire population derived from two people...oddisn't it?
    Maybe God isn't a guy. Or a thing for that matter.

I don't believe in "God" as it is defined by Judeao-Christian religions. Even the term "God" seems preposterous, implying it's a thing that can be defined or quantified.

To me the real question is more basic: is the universe (and life as we know it) just a random occurence with no purpose or was it willed by a force (or forces) that we can't see or comprehend?

Of course there is no real answer to this. The only thing I know is that nobody knows.

6. Lounge   -   #136
    kicker of elves
    GOD SAYS NO!

7. Lounge   -   #137
    God is a constant presence in my life

8. Lounge   -   #138
    *Grunt*
    In short No he has made no attept to show himself and it is unlikley he ever will

9. Lounge   -   #139
    Retired
    I dont believe in god,
    also I dont believe that the stories in the bible are true....

10. Lounge   -   #140
    So little faith! How do you people with no faith find a reason! I respect anybodys faith even if that is atheist, a very viable standpoint. What is the aim of life then, why do we bother? i look for the hidden teachings between the different faiths, the discourses and correlations between the houses of god is where the play is staged. Alot of people blame faith for war but th@'s religion and is political in motive. There is a common ground for all of us and th@ is with god!

here's to God :beerchug:

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast