Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monitor

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Ok..I can build computers do pretty much anything I want to one...but I dont know the diff between flat screen and flat pannel...that was a dumb question and sounded very sarcastic to me but w/e...you think number 2 is good?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    Yea it's good.

I prefer #1 because I like it.

However, I would like to know the refresh rates of the 3rd monitor since that would be a better comparison between the 3.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Well number 2 has a 15 dollar rebate so I think im going with it...i just want it to be flat lol...my bro is giving me $280 for my 80GB HDD my current monitor and a linksys router...and then im buying a 160GB Seagate HDD and a 52X sony cd burner and the monitor total for 340...so it will only cost me 60 bux

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    big dawg you might want to check to see what kind of rebate sales there are tommorrow at best buy. Sometimes they have killer deals on harddrives and monitors...check the sunday ad tommorrow by going to:

http://bestbuy.dailyshopper.com/?h=undefined

and enter your zipcode tommorrow morning, not now because they change it tommorrow

for example, a deal that expires tommorrow morning is:

120 GB for $69 after rebate or
    $160 for 250 GB after revate

expires tommorrow morning, don't worry they probably will have it again tommorrow

or you could order this tonight and print out the rebate forms. Man that is a deal!

Price before:
    $50 mail-in rebate
    $10 mail-in rebate

Our Price: $129.99

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    toffee
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 January 2004 - 03:01
    Well number 2 has a 15 dollar rebate so I think im going with it...i just want it to be flat lol...my bro is giving me $280 for my 80GB HDD my current monitor and a linksys router...and then im buying a 160GB Seagate HDD and a 52X sony cd burner and the monitor total for 340...so it will only cost me 60 bux
    lol i gave MY old compuetr to my sister for free. And my dad bought me a new monitor, hard drive and keyboard.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@25 January 2004 - 02:53
    Ok..I can build computers do pretty much anything I want to one...
    lol werent you the one who ask which screws go where in your 20 somethign page thread?

but monitor...i dont think the brand matter as much as i ahve a envision (came w/ my moms machine) for 3 yrs and nothing is wrong w/ it....if i were you, i just find one w/ the highest res you can afford....btw, lcd arent that bad for gaming as ppl say it is

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    a lot of people cant see the difference between monitors and stuff, and i cant see the difference with most monitors, except between cheap ones and really expaensive ones, and i guess lcds are a lot different too.

But, once i saw my friends monitor (same as mine, before i got mine) that all changed, no other minotr looks as good as this one. my friends dad has some really really expensive one and hes pissed that he speant so much for such crap quality.

Look into the samsung syncmaster 's. Mines got .20mm pitch, very good picture, and very cheap too. 179.99 CANADIAN. only thing i dont like about it is the black lines around the sides of the viewing area, they arent really straight, kindof sems lke they cheaped out on that but overall VEry GOOD MONITOR!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Thanks for the link adam...but I like the ones from new egg...I will look there for the monitor tho..but I doubt they will have as good as prices as newegg...newayz..thanks for you help!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    BANNED
    How about a 42" Sony Plasma TV cough Monitor

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Haha I wish...but nope..dont think I can get it.

With a router..can I just connect the dsl to it..then from the router to my comp and then to my bros...should it work fine and i can still download good and everything...right?

and with the router i can access my bros hdd from it right?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast