Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Overnet Problem

Debaser
    I keep getting this weird error everytime I start up Overnet, and its really getting on my nerves, in the command line area this same message keeps repeating itself over and over, "Error Validating crumb:" then the name of whatever it is I'm downloading, and the part of the file it's having trouble with. normally I wouldn't care but it keeps flashing the message continuously and it gets faster and faster as it goes until finally it locks up my computer

I've searched the faqs and everything but I didn't find a mention of this, anybody know what this is?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    try uninstalling it and then reinstall it and if that dont help some expert on overnet will post on here and help you

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    how much of the file have you downloaded??

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Debaser
    It's at about 60% of a 400mb sized file, I really dont want to scrap it and start over, took me days to get even that much

Oh, and reinstalling didn't help none, still getting the same message, I'm stumped.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    reinstall will do nothing for you, since the problem is with the file and not overnet, you can get the met file generatore and see if you can replace or fix the hash with that, but otherwie you might have to start over.

get the met file regenerator here

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Debaser
    Thanks for the advice MUSLEMAN, but for some reason the met file generator won't run on my computer, I click on it and nothing happens, oh well.

On top of it the problem spread to my other downloads as well, now they're all giving me the error validating crumb message, what the hell kind message is that

Thanks again but I'm just gonna do like you said and start all over.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Try edonkeylite if you still having problems. Should connect to both networks (im still convinced that overnet only connects to its own and not to both its own and the ed2k one). But i doubt you'll get the same speeds as overnet.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Haz@27 January 2004 - 15:10
    Thanks for the advice MUSLEMAN, but for some reason the met file generator won't run on my computer, I click on it and nothing happens, oh well.

On top of it the problem spread to my other downloads as well, now they're all giving me the error validating crumb message, what the hell kind message is that

Thanks again but I'm just gonna do like you said and start all over.
    that is because you need java boss, install java on your pc

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    tried an antivirus?
    she's my baby.
    http://site.ifrance.com/aatelevision/La5/LaM46c.jpg
    Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l'Administration Economique

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Debaser
    Yeah, I run a virus scan weekly, I almost have to with all the crap I get off here

@MUSLEMAN, I have Java installed on my PC, I followed the directions to a T and still got nothin. A friend suggested it might be my OS, I'm running windows ME and he said ME is shit, don't know how true that is but i ran out of ideas a long time ago so maybe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast