"I didn't have a problem until recently"
    "I uninstalled my virus software and firewall software, but it still hangs"
    "I don't have 0.0.0.0 in Supernode and I clicked the red cross, no luck"
    "It started acting up after I installed Windows XP or On a new machine"
    "I checked and my ISP didn't restrict the ports (but now they watch me! )"
    "I changed my incoming port to 32xxx, still no luck"
    "I installed 2.4.3, 2.4.4, Clean, etc. With clean registries...No luck"
    "Everyone can upload from me without a problem at full speeds"

Sounds familiar? I went through everything trying to fix these symptoms. I hope anyone with these same issues reads this thread and I hope someone has answers for me(us?)

Here's the deal. I figured out that I do and I don't have a problem. I was trying to download Warcraft III for my son, and I got the first 4 problems from my list above. I spent a week trolling message boards trying to fix it, changing ports, resetting IP's, downloading Kazaa updates, etc.

Then my son's friend said, "Why don't you try to download Starcraft?"

I laughed at him, but it worked...179K speed. I tried Norton Systemworks...85K speed. I tried a big file, the Starcraft Expansion 500MB+...120K speed.

So to everyone who ran into the problem and decided Kazaa is broken and stopped using it because of that one file....please, pick another file and get back online so we can share!

And, more importantly, to the technical people on this board, do you have any idea what this could be? Now that I know it's file dependent?

Thanks all..
    Good luck.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    internet.news
    Originally posted by Turkishjade@25 January 2004 - 08:15
    "A file I'm trying to download will fluctuate between 0 and 5 users"
    "It will hover around 2 users"
    "It will say connecting, but never connect"
    "After 3 minutes, it says Remotely Queued or More Sources"
    "I didn't have a problem until recently"
    "I uninstalled my virus software and firewall software, but it still hangs"
    "I don't have 0.0.0.0 in Supernode and I clicked the red cross, no luck"
    "It started acting up after I installed Windows XP or On a new machine"
    "I checked and my ISP didn't restrict the ports (but now they watch me! )"
    "I changed my incoming port to 32xxx, still no luck"
    "I installed 2.4.3, 2.4.4, Clean, etc. With clean registries...No luck"
    "Everyone can upload from me without a problem at full speeds"

Sounds familiar? I went through everything trying to fix these symptoms. I hope anyone with these same issues reads this thread and I hope someone has answers for me(us?)

Here's the deal. I figured out that I do and I don't have a problem. I was trying to download Warcraft III for my son, and I got the first 4 problems from my list above. I spent a week trolling message boards trying to fix it, changing ports, resetting IP's, downloading Kazaa updates, etc.

Then my son's friend said, "Why don't you try to download Starcraft?"

I laughed at him, but it worked...179K speed. I tried Norton Systemworks...85K speed. I tried a big file, the Starcraft Expansion 500MB+...120K speed.

So to everyone who ran into the problem and decided Kazaa is broken and stopped using it because of that one file....please, pick another file and get back online so we can share!

And, more importantly, to the technical people on this board, do you have any idea what this could be? Now that I know it's file dependent?

Thanks all..
    Good luck.
    I discovered some similar issue: I was downloading or uploading something and
    connection dropped for some time. It said connecting, but the traffic window was still uploading and downloading.

I think the SN's try to form a stable network and find ppl's files. If you when decided to get one file, you will directly download from his or her PC.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED
    use netlimiter, you are getting too many hits for upload when you start your klite, so it eats up you bandwith and never gives klite a chance to connect.

get netlimiter, and set a low upload for klite then once it connects, slowly start raisng the upload to a comfortable level

the above is if you were talking about klite itself not being able to connect.

NOW IF ITS THE FILE THAT CAN'T CONNECT

then its the sources for it, remember:

your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by what you see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps

remoteley queued= you are in line behind the source's pc, waiting for you turn to start downloading

try our verfied or request section in game world.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Turkishjade's Avatar Gunny
    Thanks Muscleman!

"use netlimiter, you are getting too many hits for upload" etc....

As many people have complained on this board and others, it's the fact that you CAN connect, that you can get lists of files to download and that others CAN upload from you (although they rarely do lately) that drives us nuts. The problem is that all of the solutions people have been offering are for people who can't even get Kazaa itself to connect to Fasttrack.

"NOW IF ITS THE FILE THAT CAN'T CONNECT then its the sources for it"

Tried changing ports (I started at 3150 and changed it 5 times), changed supernodes (took a while to understand why, but after I did, I changed it multiple times to different local ones), and I lowered upload number and speed. As for the remotely queued message, I don't think it is valid: clicking "Find more sources" on these stalled files will alternately display "More Sources" and then "Remotely Queued", back and forth, consistently. And the Game section of this board is mostly people asking what the greatest game is.

Sorry if I sound mad, or something, I'm not. You are taking time out and I appreciate it and I definitely don't blame the Kazaa Lite programming gods cuz I don't want to pay(Squeeze) the Sharman. It's just that Kazaa kind of f**k'd things up by using the word "Connecting" for both the main Kazaa program and the file download portion of the program, and it's confusing everybody.

Could you do me a favor? Just as a test, use any working copy of Kazaa 2.4.x or CleanKmd and try to pull any version of Warcraft III that is 500MB+. You don't have to finish it, you just have to actually see it start downloading. If you can, I know I still have something screwy in my setup (just like anyone else who has my symptoms), if you can't, then it's something out of mycontrol.

Me, I've given up on that file and I am able to get everything else, so I don't have a problem anymore. But I'm just thinking about everyone who is trying to download a file that they DO need and running into this problem.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED
    these are what i found

this one downloaded and started at 19

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Turkishjade's Avatar Gunny
    Well, then, I, give, up....

Isn't it "Ha Fat Me Ko Nam (phoenetic)" in Farsi?

All I can say is I'm glad that it doesn't happen to all of my downloads, just this one. But once again, I appreciate your help Muscleman.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Good day ,

I have the same problem and I tried to download this list of files:

01-FrozenThroneGame.zip
    02-Warcaft III Expansion - The Frozen Throne.zip
    03-dev-w3ft.cue
    04-Frozen Throne.zip
    05-dev-ft.rar
    06-WC3-FT.exe
    07-Frozen Throne Full.zip
    08-Frozen Throne.zip
    09-Frozen Throne-Dev.rar
    10-Frozen ThroneGame.rar
    11-WC3 Expansion.rar
    12-Warcraft3 Expansion.exe

I found some thing else also, I cannot send a message to the users who have one or more of the listed files.

I am really happey to be a member in this forum
    Thanks any way .

:music1: Ahmad92 :music1: .

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Ahmad92@6 February 2004 - 04:15
    Good day ,

I have the same problem and I tried to download this list of files:

01-FrozenThroneGame.zip
    02-Warcaft III Expansion - The Frozen Throne.zip
    03-dev-w3ft.cue
    04-Frozen Throne.zip
    05-dev-ft.rar
    06-WC3-FT.exe
    07-Frozen Throne Full.zip
    08-Frozen Throne.zip
    09-Frozen Throne-Dev.rar
    10-Frozen ThroneGame.rar
    11-WC3 Expansion.rar
    12-Warcraft3 Expansion.exe

I found some thing else also, I cannot send a message to the users who have one or more of the listed files.

I am really happey to be a member in this forum
    Thanks any way .

:music1: Ahmad92 :music1: .
    ahmed what does the read text in my post say???

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Thanks Muscleman ,
    yes, I did 3 times .
    The problem is in the "Frozen Throne" edition only.

I can download the file that shown in the pictures(WARCRAFT III FULL GAME), no problem where found with this file.

Thanks again Muscleman.

Ahmad92 B)

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED
    that one has no sources

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast