Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by UKMan+25 January 2004 - 06:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UKMan @ 25 January 2004 - 06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@25 January 2004 - 12:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan
    @25 January 2004 - 05:51
    The water where i live is very fresh and clean, so there is no way i&#39;m gonna pay for a bottle of water - bloody stupid in my opinion.

Allthough, some of you guys seem to live in places where you have to... but in most countries its just a fad, its "hip" to buy bottled water - nothing wrong with tap water - in fact some bacteria is good and neccesary for the stomach and bowels to function properly. Peeps these days have no immunity for germs anymore because they&#39;re being "hip"...

Peace
    UKMan

Would you eat raw meat?

You sound like a barbarian. One of thoose hard-core nature fanatics.
    No i dont eat raw meat - cant imagine why you asked that, i made no hint to that fact

Also i dont think im a barbarian - we are talking about water you know, i must admit that i do allow the water to run into my glass unaided - maybe thats being a bit cruel, but it does land safely i can assure you.

I certainly am not a hard core nature fanatic eother... just cant think why you would make such a comment - i was merely replying about the water... strange...

Peace
    UKMan [/b][/quote]
    Probably because were from two different countries. If you seen the water that comes out of the sinks here in the u.s. You would probably understand.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by shn+25 January 2004 - 13:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 25 January 2004 - 13:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by UKMan@25 January 2004 - 06:27
    Originally posted by shn@25 January 2004 - 12:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan
    @25 January 2004 - 05:51
    The water where i live is very fresh and clean, so there is no way i&#39;m gonna pay for a bottle of water - bloody stupid in my opinion.

Allthough, some of you guys seem to live in places where you have to... but in most countries its just a fad, its "hip" to buy bottled water - nothing wrong with tap water - in fact some bacteria is good and neccesary for the stomach and bowels to function properly. Peeps these days have no immunity for germs anymore because they&#39;re being "hip"...

Peace
    UKMan

Would you eat raw meat?

You sound like a barbarian. One of thoose hard-core nature fanatics.

No i dont eat raw meat - cant imagine why you asked that, i made no hint to that fact

Also i dont think im a barbarian - we are talking about water you know, i must admit that i do allow the water to run into my glass unaided - maybe thats being a bit cruel, but it does land safely i can assure you.

I certainly am not a hard core nature fanatic eother... just cant think why you would make such a comment - i was merely replying about the water... strange...

Peace
    UKMan
    Probably because were from two different countries. If you seen the water that comes out of the sinks here in the u.s. You would probably understand. [/b][/quote]
    I realise that, which is why i also wrote:
    Allthough, some of you guys seem to live in places where you have to
    Maybe you didnt read that bit...

Im not totally stupid you know

Peace
    UKMan

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by shn+25 January 2004 - 11:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 25 January 2004 - 11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Samurai@25 January 2004 - 06:15
    According to studies done, tap water is afr more safer from bacteria than that of the bottled variety. It seems the water you get through your taps have to go through 100&#39;s of government checks to ensure it is safe to drink. Bottled water do not have to go through the same checks (although they will have to ensure it is safe at some point).

Also, on another note, tap water does very from region to region, even as small as the UK. In London, where I live, if the tap water is not filtered, you can tend to get &#39;fur&#39; on your tongue from drinking it. I was born in Carlisle (Nr. Scotland) and you could drink tap water all day there and have no &#39;fur&#39; residue.

My 2 Pence
    Then why is bottled water more clear than tap water.

Kinda looks more pure I guess. [/b][/quote]
    What??&#33;? If you were to get 2 glasses and fill them up, 1 with tap water, 1 with bottled you wouldn&#39;t notice the difference.

I take it water comes out brown where you live?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Knowledge is Power
    Also you can&#39;t speak of water in general from all the U.S. every single place is different.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Samurai+25 January 2004 - 06:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Samurai &#064; 25 January 2004 - 06:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@25 January 2004 - 11:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-Samurai
    @25 January 2004 - 06:15
    According to studies done, tap water is afr more safer from bacteria than that of the bottled variety. It seems the water you get through your taps have to go through 100&#39;s of government checks to ensure it is safe to drink. Bottled water do not have to go through the same checks (although they will have to ensure it is safe at some point).

Also, on another note, tap water does very from region to region, even as small as the UK. In London, where I live, if the tap water is not filtered, you can tend to get &#39;fur&#39; on your tongue from drinking it. I was born in Carlisle (Nr. Scotland) and you could drink tap water all day there and have no &#39;fur&#39; residue.

My 2 Pence

Then why is bottled water more clear than tap water.

Kinda looks more pure I guess.
    What??&#33;? If you were to get 2 glasses and fill them up, 1 with tap water, 1 with bottled you wouldn&#39;t notice the difference.

I take it water comes out brown where you live?[/b][/quote]
    Close.........but no cigar

It comes out white. Thats at my uni where I go to school. I grew up on a ranch where we had wells and the water was pretty clean. Although we never used the wells.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by UKMan@25 January 2004 - 12:34
    Im not totally stupid you know

Could you give us a percentage UK. Then we could form our own opinion.

Back on the thread. I have never heard of anyone drowning in bottled water. Like UK, we also have water that comes from the mountains and is as good as you get. I once stayed in Lincolnshire where the water comes from underground reservoirs. It was horrible. This is probably the case in a lot of American states.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    I can see that both sides have their merits..

All water in Australia has flouride added for dental protection which is good isnt it? But I live in a cul-de-sac and am at the end of a water line. So chlorine and chemicals tend to build up and at times the smell and taste of the water is awful.

Being blonde I have to use a shampoo to ensure that the chlorine doesn&#39;t turn my hair green&#33;

So would i drink the water? Somehow it just doesn&#39;t appeal to me...

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    What about boiling your tap water and then chilling it? Is that better than bottled spring water?

Ya all water here is flouridenated
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    @bigboab - i reckon its a 50 - 50 thing right now

Anyways, keeping on-topic:

I also lived in the countryside at one point when i was in the UK, the only "fresh" water we had was a spring that came from a field nearbye... the water used to trickle down to a corner and form this little stream. It tasted marvelous, but in the beginning we all had problems, tummy upsets and such, but after a few days, we got used to it and our stomaches built up some kind of resistence to the "different" bacteria.

But i guess brown water from the taps you will never get used to... urghh&#33;

Peace
    UKMan

10. Lounge   -   #20
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7

Its evil

Just kiddin...........all this talk about water is making me thirsty.

Think Ill settle for kool-aid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast