Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water

Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    Originally posted by Keikan@25 January 2004 - 19:47
    What about boiling your tap water and then chilling it? Is that better than bottled spring water?

Ya all water here is flouridenated
    I actually have a water filter connected to my tap ... its cheaper than bottled water over the lifespan of the filter

doesnt help with the green hair though!..

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by Honey+25 January 2004 - 12:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Honey @ 25 January 2004 - 12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@25 January 2004 - 19:47
    What about boiling your tap water and then chilling it? Is that better than bottled spring water?

Ya all water here is flouridenated
    I actually have a water filter connected to my tap ... its cheaper than bottled water over the lifespan of the filter

doesnt help with the green hair though&#33;.. [/b][/quote]
    Same here. I got 2 filters though. One in the celler, where it comes straight out of the mains, and another just below the sink. I can&#39;t tell the difference&#33;

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Honey's Avatar unbreakable
    We dont have cellars here and the water mains pipes are unable to be "got to" Samuri, so i can&#39;t have more than one.

The water board has to come out every month in summer to flush the main water pipes to get rid of the chemical buildup, but its really not enough.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I can&#39;t drink the water where I&#39;m at, unless I&#39;m making tea. Almost every day is a boil-water advisory. Sometimes these things last over a fortnight. And while I&#39;ve never had it personally, quite a few people here have had Beaver Fever. Yes, it&#39;s caused by beavers.

You should see it when the spring and fall runoffs come around. Nice and brown. Sometimes even black. And not just from the taps, oh no. It&#39;s the rivers too. Not pollution mind, it&#39;s dirt from the mountains and forests. Not "mud river" quality, but enough you can tell a fairly rapid river is yellow.

There isn&#39;t any water filtration system. It&#39;s well below governmental health standards. So it&#39;ll be upgraded...eventually.

Boilt tap water just doesn&#39;t taste "right."

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Lounge   -   #25
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Water filters work pretty good..................they need to put em on all public water fountains and sinks.

Pain is having to change the filter all the time. Depending on how much water you actually use, that can vary.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I guess I&#39;m just over cautious anyway. One should be enough anyway.

Have to change both every 6 months anyway so it gets expensive lol (cheaper than buying bottled though)

7. Lounge   -   #27
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Where I used to live the water used to be so &#39;hard&#39; that when you had a shower it would turn your skin scaly

Definitely not the stuff for drinking

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by danb@25 January 2004 - 12:13
    Where I used to live the water used to be so &#39;hard&#39; that when you had a shower it would turn your skin scaly

Definitely not the stuff for drinking
    Did you look like this after?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Something similar

Had to smother yourself in body lotion afterwards Very worrying

10. Lounge   -   #30
    I live in the West of Scotland, and the tap water where i am tastes better than anywhere i&#39;ve tasted it in England, or other parts of Scotland for that matter. We don&#39;t have a need for anything like limescale removers etc.

This is not to say that the water is totally clean. In general it is, but there have been a few outbreaks of disease-causing germs spread in very localised areas due to the age of the water system. This was in the news fairly recently.

It is somewhat of an urban myth, but not too far from the truth when it is said that Scotland has some of the best water in the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast