Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Clarify A Few Rumors

Poster
    I received a few PM's from members stating that others think that we are trying to convert the KL Board members to the SG project.

To clarify the situation:

The KL Board has nothing to do with any new projects. We made the mistake to ask a few members here if they want to test our beta version but it seems that many people are pissed cause they didn't make it into the beta program or other reasons.

Here are the facts:

I am runing more than just one website because I live from that. VB asked me if I want to continue his work because he is very busy. I agreed cause I run 12 own dedicated servers in the "Everyones Internet Network Center" and it doesn't hurt me at all to host this board.

The point that I am not getting is that people seem to think that we are trying to get members from here to the other board. It makes no sense at all cause the reason starting another board is that Invisionboard cannot handle more that X users online at once.

To end all rumors: The KL Board will stay as it is. It has nothing to do with SG or the SG board because it makes no sense to merge boards if IB cannot handle additional traffic.

The idea was to reward members of this board by allowing them to be a part of the new project but it looks like many people are pissed for some reason.

The new sharing tool is nothing special (for now) but there are already many many users which use the same network (WinMX, Napster (old), XNap, Teknap, SunshineUN and many more). Since there are already many users we don't need members from this board cause there is a big userbase already.

If you think that we try to get members from here then try to think realistic and you will see that it makes no sense to move members around cause I host all the projects anyway. What's the difference if people post here or there - there is none.

It's really getting annoying to have smartasses trying to start rumors cause it's plain stupid and makes no sense at all.

The only thing that could happen is that a few people from the other board come here cause I linked this board due the high knowledge of our members here.

7th's 2 cents

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    well said 7th...
    this so called "awarding" members with this "holy" testing of the SG Beta, is basically like "awarding" members to be moderators... isnt it?

so everyone, just be thankful that we have such a good admin who is working very hard to keep us all satisfied... (thanks 7th!! )

tralalala

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Poster
    If anyone is suggesting that you are trying to get people to join another board it does indeed make little sense.

Particularly as you have not posted a link to this other board, or indeed asked anyone to have a look at it, far less become a member.

If however you are happy for people to see this other board and what type of content it has, could you possible post detail, or better still a link. I would rather like to see what it is about, particularly if there are current members from here already posting there.

As to beta testing being some form of reward. That is also difficult to see. Someone doing unpaid work and risking the health of their computer is hardly a reward. Chaps do it out of interest and as a way to help others, however it is hardly a reward.

Slainte

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster

People are really upset over this?Some of us can not even connect to that new SwapGate thing.

So you made a mistake on asking us?Thats ok dude.Some of us have not been back.

The Members that are upset can have it.It does not have a SportsWorld even!

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by J'Pol@25 January 2004 - 06:53
    As to beta testing being some form of reward. That is also difficult to see. Someone doing unpaid work and risking the health of their computer is hardly a reward. Chaps do it out of interest and as a way to help others, however it is hardly a reward.
    The same can be said about being a moderator.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    BANNED
    If you need the bittorrent forum modded, Ill be happy to mod, I have exp, -I run my own tracker

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+25 January 2004 - 15:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 25 January 2004 - 15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@25 January 2004 - 06:53
    The same can be said about being a moderator. [/b][/quote]
    I was going to say that as well actually, however it sounded a bit creepy so I didn&#39;t.

D&#39;oh

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    What SwpGate board?

If you need the bittorrent forum modded, Ill be happy to mod, I have exp, -I run my own tracker

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by tralalala@25 January 2004 - 13:22
    well said 7th...
    this so called "awarding" members with this "holy" testing of the SG Beta, is basically like "awarding" members to be moderators... isnt it?
    The thing about it is that testing SwapGate isn&#39;t really the bliss that&#39;s perceived - You&#39;re required to install & use software which can (and does) cause frustrating problems, you need to check in on the board regular for this that and the other (e.g. tester codes to access the program), you&#39;re needed to help find the bugs so when it goes perfect bugs aren&#39;t as much a problem, and everyone&#39;s required to keep schtum on practically everything and behave with others.

It could be seen as a reward to loyalty, that view&#39;s logical - But it&#39;s a case of rewarding effort on the board with more work.

I&#39;ve said it before and I&#39;ll say it again - Anyone who isn&#39;t a beta tester is NOT missing much

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    internet.news
    Never thought that, but this boark is place to share thoughts & concerns openly.

It is ok if you share your Beta Developement on SG.

I will ever and always stay on this board as long as it is loading fast enough&#33;
    And the Board Script of Invision and ther Server are really fast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast